Resurrection nodes/safe zone?

Daphne Jones

1 hour ago, DaphneJones said:

Does a player made resurrection node have a safe zone around it? If not it would be really dumb to use one.

Not inherently no. 

You can place it anywhere you want,  as of now. You can put it in a ship floating in space somewhere or put it in a territory protected by a shield bubble. Or in a safe hideout.....Or......

One resnode always stays in the arkzone and cannot be moved for obvious reasons 

I do not believe there is a limitation on how many res nodes a player/org can use. So just have a variety of locations chosen for your node placement.  It would be pretty difficult to stop someone from attacking/grieving you if their res node had a safe zone bubble around it.

I guess my res node will stay at the ark ship until I can put one on a sanctuary moon.

I'll be laughing at the rest of you spawning naked while the guys who killed you in the first place stand next to your res node and wrack up free kills. (This is common practice in WoW Ashran - a PvP setting I used to play a lot.)

Just now, DaphneJones said:

I guess my res node will stay at the ark ship until I can put one on a sanctuary moon.

I'll be laughing at the rest of you spawning naked while the guys who killed you in the first place stand next to your res node and wrack up free kills. (This is common practice in WoW Ashran - a PvP setting I used to play a lot.)

If you find it and get past BOO, be my guest ;)

1 hour ago, Lethys said:

How come you're so negative? Where and why are we griefing?

You made a threat. I responded. No negativity.

I do think this game will be pretty much impossible to play outside of safe zones, but whatever. I'll stay in a safe zone and build. That should be fun. I don't see any point in playing gank fest though.

11 minutes ago, geronimo553 said:

Well that is the beauty of Dual Universe, some can take high risks and some do not need to take high risks to enjoy their gameplay style.

I would say that's the ugliness of DU. Very limited play unless you take unwarranted risks with no real chance of reward.

3 minutes ago, DaphneJones said:

Looks like a threat to me. Yeah yeah, I know... you'll pretend it wasn't. Bullies always do that.

OR it was just a reply to:

2 hours ago, DaphneJones said:

I'll be laughing at the rest of you spawning naked while the guys who killed you in the first place stand next to your res node and wrack up free kills

2 hours ago, Lethys said:

If you find it and get past BOO, be my guest

And you just misread it. Who knows?

13 minutes ago, DaphneJones said:

I do think this game will be pretty much impossible to play outside of safe zones

Maybe you don't realize the vastness of the Dual Universe, good luck to any griefers who think they can cover all of it.

People who don't want to take any risk can sit in safe zone and stagnate ?

28 minutes ago, DaphneJones said:

You made a threat. I responded. No negativity.

I do think this game will be pretty much impossible to play outside of safe zones, but whatever. I'll stay in a safe zone and build. That should be fun. I don't see any point in playing gank fest though.

There are already organisations of nearly 1000 members, if you join one of them do you think they will just let people 'gank' you? Do you think that is why all these people are grouping together just to 'gank' each other?  I am hoping people have far bigger fish to fry.  This is not Ark or Rust, this isnt 48 players on a single map playing a server for a few months.

27 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

There are already organisations of nearly 1000 members, if you join one of them do you think they will just let people 'gank' you? Do you think that is why all these people are grouping together just to 'gank' each other?  I am hoping people have far bigger fish to fry.  This is not Ark or Rust, this isnt 48 players on a single map playing a server for a few months.

I hope you're right, but I'm not optimistic.

36 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

There are already organisations of nearly 1000 members, if you join one of them do you think they will just let people 'gank' you?

Many of these orgs have members who have yet to sign up for the game and may never actually do so. Also many have signed up to any number of orgs, what will happen if one of your orgs members will gank you while roaming with his buddies from another org? Eventually, do you really think that an organisation will get up in arms because one of their members got ganked?

In the end though I think this topic is way overrated and while maybe at the start of the game some will try and establish a ganking rep 'becoz iz cool', in the end ganking will be part of the game sure, but relatively irrelevant due to the sheer size of the universe and worlds. It will be much like EVE where you always run the risk of running into a gatecamp or encounter (a fleet of) hunters while gathering resources or relics but in general it will not be that big of a deal.

8 hours ago, geronimo553 said:

It would be pretty difficult to stop someone from attacking/grieving you if their res node had a safe zone bubble around it.

That's an interesting point.  People often overlook the fact that those griefers have the same benefits as those who do not grief ?

A node with immunity could open up a LOT of opportunities for a griefer.  That's for sure.

In the end, I agree with blaze.  The universe is going to be huge.  Depending on how scanners work and if you have a speedy enough ship, you can always stay out of reach of a pesky intruder

2 hours ago, Hades said:

That's an interesting point.  People often overlook the fact that those griefers have the same benefits as those who do not grief ?

A node with immunity could open up a LOT of opportunities for a griefer.  That's for sure.

In the end, I agree with blaze.  The universe is going to be huge.  Depending on how scanners work and if you have a speedy enough ship, you can always stay out of reach of a pesky intruder

The universe is going to be pretty tiny until we get FTL. 

4 minutes ago, DaphneJones said:

Yep. That's exactly my concern. You couldn't pay me enough to get me into EVE.

Then you are missing out on a lot of fun and great experiences. You also seem to completely miss the point I made. I am also not sure what you are looking for in a game such as DU. It all sounds like you are not willing to accept any form of risk in your experience and just want to build and fly ships..

Oh and EVE is free to play btw.. no need to pay anything..

3 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Then you are missing out on a lot of fun and great experiences. You also seem to completely miss the point I made. I am also not sure what you are looking for in a game such as DU.

Building and flying spaceships. If there's other fun stuff that's fine. Whether the ganking will be intolerable depends on how much we lose on death, which no one seems to know the answer to.

If you make a point about something good and use EVE as an example, I will not be able to hear you. That's definitely true.

5 hours ago, DaphneJones said:

Sure some people will be spawning naked, but some will overcome that possibility and laugh at the scaredy cats still at the Arkship Zone while they are colonising new worlds

15 minutes ago, Zamarus said:

Sure some people will be spawning naked, but some will overcome that possibility and laugh at the scaredy cats still at the Arkship Zone while they are colonising new worlds

Not scared. Just averse to boring and non-fun game play.

Especially when the "combat" is leveled tab-target BS. That's really just bullying anyway you look at it.