Safe Zones

Valhalo

20 hours ago, Sigtyr said:

There are some vital issues for many here. 1. You as a player and your creations are the content & loot for other players in the current system (can of course be changed). 2. The number of successful self policing PvP games are very small. 3. Remember ArcheAge? Wonderful game in testing, live not so much (the  big guilds in AA did not really do nice things and could not be stopped).

I sincerely hopes that DU becomes successful and I hope the PvP play test will be a real one with lots of griefing, that way the developers have a chance to solve any problems.

This is a very different game to Archage though, this has the potential to be as near a true sandbox as you can get, AA wasnt really a sandbox at all. DU is FAR bigger, far more open world and flexible in terms of expansion, also in terms of goals.  I would be very surprised if any of the big organisations plan to start a fight straight off the bat.  I would foresee some sort of space race initially, with the main orgs trying to be first to colonise their planet of choice.

Then you have the whole logistical element, if the main orgs are on separate planets, fighting becomes a much bigger undertaking.  So this should create some breathing time for orgs to bed in.

As long as the big organisations look at the bigger picture at the start, then i think DU has all the elements to be everything it wants to be.

EDIT - one interesting solution to make sure that the early game has some time to get going - make it so all but basic weapons need resources not found on the starting planet.

Yes, this would increase grace period, and allow for smaller orgs to start, another thing to consider is the different playstyles that smaller orgs could adopt, such as aligning with larger orgs, or being very secluded till you have a small fleet, for instance building your ship as a solar powered ship, then giving it some impulse thrust and bam, you are now sailing to new worlds, virtually undetectable, and able to stop at asteroids to accumulate resources for your ships

4 hours ago, Moosegun said:

EDIT - one interesting solution to make sure that the early game has some time to get going - make it so all but basic weapons need resources not found on the starting planet.

I have to disagree with this idea, although it would extend the initial peace period. This would allow any organization with better weapons to essentially enslave the planet because nothing could stop them outside of another off world organization fighting them. I rather have the space engineers approach of, you either build defenses, hide, or risk building in the open. 

I agree with you @geronimo553

If the game offers pvp on the starting planet, then by all means prepare for it. if NQ wants us all in peace for the first 3 months, let them fix it in a general peace, but not by making weapons crafts difficult on the starter planet. If we want a general peace we need to fix it ourselves, and frankly i am open for it, so any organization in favor of peace feel free to contact me :)

4 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

If the game offers pvp on the starting planet, then by all means prepare for it. if NQ wants us all in peace for the first 3 months, let them fix it in a general peace, but not by making weapons crafts difficult on the starter planet. If we want a general peace we need to fix it ourselves, and frankly i am open for it, so any organization in favor of peace feel free to contact me :)

I absolutely agree.

They’ve already said the resources on Alioth are pretty basic IIRC. I wouldn’t expect much in regards to advanced weaponry.  Maybe we will be able scrape together the equivalent of space muskets lol 

On 12/16/2018 at 6:14 PM, geronimo553 said:

I have to disagree with this idea, although it would extend the initial peace period. This would allow any organization with better weapons to essentially enslave the planet because nothing could stop them outside of another off world organization fighting them. I rather have the space engineers approach of, you either build defenses, hide, or risk building in the open. 

Pretty sure something like this will be the case, with only basic resources on Alioth.  What it should hopefully do is encourage people to start shipping in ores from other planets.  Alioth will have the most demand, plenty of people will try to supply, I know I will be.

21 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

I agree 100% that any peace should be player made.  I still think you wont find many of the key resources on the home planet though.