Offline voxel editor?

Otomoto

So you want an offline Creative-mode where you can play offline and be able to create Blueprints that should be transferable to the MMO game (Multiplayer-mode)?

This is supposed to be a Single-Shard MMORPG! Single-Shard means everything should happen and take place in 1 Server (1 mode, 1 place). Why should we break that immersively to dumb down the game so it can cater to the Casuals like the rest of Modern MMOs? There will not be a Creative-mode when this game comes out, this is a 'Single-Shard' MMO!

Right now, we are currently in Alpha Test. The game hasn't released yet, it's in Test and development! I don't believe and I don't agree that we should have Creative-mode when this game Releases. Also, don't expect them to create Creative-mode just for this Test so Players can create their Blueprints because of the limited Test-times, their purpose is to test and develop this game (as much as possible, minimize or eliminate delays in this process) so they can finish and release it - such proposal is not objective at all!

I don't agree that they should dumb down this game. I will wait for it to release because what I need is time in order for me to develop. Time is not available now, but it will be available later.

For the sake of immersion and consistent gameplay, no Creative-mode! If you want Instant-gratification or dumbed-down mechanics, you are looking at the wrong game! All Modern MMOs such as World of Warcraft are already like that, why should we throw this game as well on the same pit?

You will play this game offline and just import the Blueprints to the MMO game? Do you want to trash this game as well so it can cater to your needs?

Not only does it break the immersion of the game, you are shifting the Build-mode gameplay of the game away from the game where it will be done offline by providing the option, thus also breaking the consistency of the game.

Hah. Seriously what is the difference between sitting in a safe zone building a ship and just designing it offline?

You still need all materials for it. It is just easyer on the server to not have basically afk players designing ship in the base.

Suppose that it will require your materials that you have physically in the MMO game.

The Build-mode gameplay still draws you away from the game, that's the problem! We don't want to outsource that gameplay to offline just to break the MMO immersively, socially, and consistently.

We already have the system where it is done technically in the MMO itself, why should we dumb it down and add an option to do it offline so people can play the game offline whenever they want to build?

Ofcourse it is different! Let's not stray away from the game when we are playing the game!

The thing about Second Life where development is done offline, is it's an Online Social Simulation game.

Dual Universe however is not just a Simulation, it is an MMORPG with a gameplay system (whether that be in-game or player-driven), that's something Second Life do not have! (If things shall break, does it affect their gameplay when the game have no system of gameplay?) Since this is an MMORPG that is supposed to be played persistently and has a system, let's not break it by outsourcing some parts of the gameplay offline!

3 hours ago, Otomoto said:

This server downtime is killing me.

I would like to work on my designs.

Could we get a standalone voxel ship editor to play around in and later import blueprints from into the game?

This is highly improbable.

1. they will not want to spend resources developing this.

2. as soon as the server is up 24/7 it will be moot.

18 minutes ago, Tordan said:

This is highly improbable.

1. they will not want to spend resources developing this.

2. as soon as the server is up 24/7 it will be moot.

It's not probable because it's not reasonable. It's not about their allocation of limited resources.

12 minutes ago, Eternal said:

It's not probable because it's not reasonable. It's not about their allocation of limited resources.

While I also could speculate about the developers subjective opinions on what is reasonable, i decided instead to focus on practical objective reasons. Both could be true, maybe neither is true and they will come out with an offline ship editor at some point. That is why I used Improbable, rather then speaking in certainties.

• 8 months later...
On 12/2/2018 at 12:36 AM, Otomoto said:

Hah. Seriously what is the difference between sitting in a safe zone building a ship and just designing it offline?

You still need all materials for it. It is just easyer on the server to not have basically afk players designing ship in the base.

thats it, where is the difference ? so do it ingame :)

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I would like to see is an ingame design space that lets you make a blueprint without building in actuality.  This could bu used during long travel times where you would otherwise not be able to build, or to be able to plan a build with all the trial and error involved without wasting resources on stuff you ultimately end up not using.  This would be a build space entirely ingame and require you to be logged on to use, perhaps even a special element that can simulate the build space in VR or whatever technomumble you want to use to explain it.  This would also respect any skills you have ingame, dis-allowing you from making BPs you don't have the skills to deploy.