EVE Online players , pls gather here ;)

Otomoto

On 1/3/2019 at 8:01 PM, Keieueue said:

Reminder: UO was ruined and Trammelized because of griefers

I loved UO before they split into pvp and non pvp.

Competition is what makes games like UO and Eve great. I hope to see it here in DU.

Eve player checking in. 

• 1 month later...

Joined FCON in 2010. After 6 years my corp joined goons and everything got boring. Elite pvpers became elite miners. Quite eve. Looking forward to build my own wierd ship and discover the New World. The ship will look awesome as I dont have any desing skills but at least will be my creation, it will have my personality, it will be my precious.

Fly safe  o7

• 1 month later...

I played for a large number of years but dropped out around 2010, 11, 12?  Hard to keep track of.  Had 3 accounts, one to scout ahead, one to watch behind, etc.   Really enjoyed a lot of Eve but, again, time to move up and out.  Tried Elite, backed SC quite heavily, played some SE and am currently playing about 10 or so different games.  Found this by accident and said "looks cool", so here I am.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Am I late to the gamers' party? I'd love to join you, if there's anyone else here. I really like computer games, especially Minecraft. I was introduced to this game about a year ago and it attracted me with its variety and possibilities. Maybe there are fans of this game as I am? I especially liked it after I found the list of ip online servers of minecraft. My sister used to get mad at me for spending hours on my laptop and playing games, but now she and I are a team and we both pester our relatives, lol 

I won a Erebus Titan on hypernet.

Sold it to buy a Hel and a few Naglafars, then a couple months later the current unending war broke out, fought for as long as I could, killed quite a few caps and supercaps, before getting burnt out from blue balls and overhyped fleets. When the fights do happen, its a miserable experience with the time dilations.

Asset safety over 30 bil in shit and letting the account sit till the game gets fun again in a few years maybe.

Played eve for quite a while, had dozens of accounts...ccp started out as brave, head strong entrepreneurs...who genuinely seemed to like their game...but in the end the obvious thing happened and it has become a company of burn outs who keep their heads low and try to pump money out of the game.... I suppose you could say this is essentially the destiny of any for profit game development enterprise. maybe some billionaire will go nuts one day and just make a game to be fun, for the sake of being fun and not making someone a pile of money...but then they wouldnt be billionaires if they went around doing things like that would they? 

All of that just to say, if anything could turn my bitterness into sweet reverence of ccp...it has been witnessing the shit show of development that is dual universe and novaquack.  yes for all their flaws, ccps really is/was as good as its going to get for developing an in depth mmo with empire building and incentivized pvp...and trust that for myself, that's a really hard pill to swallow. this game isnt going to go the distance...they are speed running all the dumb mistakes you shouldnt make in development...the compilation of embarrassments and outright lies its just too massive to be surmounted when it comes to this game...in a few years time im sure it'll barely be a footnote in any of our lives.

I've been playing EVE at varying levels of intensity since launch.  Whined and cheered through CCP's numerous highs and lows but overal have had a great time.  But EVE's been around for 17 years,  and as time passed ships  have steadily grown bigger and space smaller, i found myself sometimes wishing back for simpler times where battleships were big, hacs were scary  and any +5 sec mach pilot was a poser that needed to be taught the right place at the earliest chokepoint. (frozen and tucked away in your collection). 

When i first noticed DU sometime in late 2018, the narrative was filled with all the right buzzwords that somehow clicked with my early memories of begginings of EVE when everything was new, mysterious and ready to be discovered.

I was intrigued, resitered on forums and started reading passively to see what's what.  I remember was drawn to all the buzz but slightly off-put by the lack detail on how all these wonderful bulletpoints would turn into my next space faring fix. I've put it on a backburner thinking NQ is probably still fleshing out the design and put it on a back burner and went back to EVE, just peeking back occasinally to see if anything changed. As i've noticed alpha tests frequency and duration increasing, i thought i'd wth i'll throw in the 60E to get into alpha. After all it was only bit more than what i would have spent on eve each month.

After my initial shock how little there is to be seen after so many years of development, and few hours of bumping around speeder graveyard and was ready to write it off. But having spent 60E on DU already i was determined get at least a few good hours out of it. 

In the end i did, in spite of all DU deeply rooted flaws, i really enjoyed building and crashing my ships. 

For all its stumblings  and development dead ends over the years (Dust514, Vanity items crap to name few), EVE has always had very strong fundamentals upon which all its systems have been designed. 

DU unfrortunatelly doesn't have that, and the lack of proper design shows in all aspects on the game.

Hi there.  I played EvE since 2008 before finally winning in early 2020.  Did a lot of different things but mostly spent my time doing solo and small gang PvP.

Am hoping to see DU shape up into a better eve which is a bit less min/maxed, a bit less risk averse in general and a lot less controlled by a few large nullsec corps who deliberately make the game less fun for players in order to further their own ends (hands up who experienced 'weaponised boredom'?).  

O/ played eve on and off for 15 years or so. Would still play I guess but somewhere they lost their big vision for eve and there is just no more real big stuff they add and one big no go decision after the other...

Still had lots of fun in it and it always felt like eve will one day become what star citizen or even DU try to do... Become the full Sci fi experience, well they gave up on that I guess. 

When they decided not to make dust part of eve and on top a console game, totally screwed up incarna just to never touch it again the magic around eve started more and more to fade...