@Takao

There's always more than one server and I am guessing you know what was intended.

It's the same as that the 'single shard universe' is really just buzzwords.

4 hours ago, Lethys said:

Just watch the video i linked. He himself said that you won't be able to play with a thousand players. That's an instanced Server and no single shard 

Yep, that has always been the plan.  Not really sure how people missed that... 

Hopefully not too many people are under that impression, or they will be sourly disappointed.  I suppose the size of ships like the Retribution gives credence to those misconceptions.  

Shards and servers is a good way to put it.  I imagine it will work a lot like SpatialOS... but their own proprietary technology.  We will have to see though

I could see the NQ server tech being much more like a SpatialOS competitor, in fact I could see Novaquark as a company actually being founded  around  building and marketing a SpatialOS like product on top of which they are building DU as a showcase product with the OS/architecture underneath being the actual asset. It would 'explain' the interest of VC investment much more than any interest for the game itself from that corner.

Yep, lots of companies are jumping on the bandwagon.  It's clearly a good methodology, I guess.

Another game I am following actually uses SpatialOS.