Inflight Mining Scanner

Mucus

In Flight Mining Scanner  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Provide an In Flight Mining Scanner : What would you prefer

• No Flight Enabled scanning
    • Buy A drone that can scan areas and report : {lua Enabled}
    • Enable exisiting Scanners to work inflight: Feedback to HUD . Locate ORE in Area at a general level : Works in flight upto 50M above ground. Penetration could be optional on skills aquired
    • Element Flight Mining Scanner : Feedback to HUD . Locate ORE in Area at a general level : Works in flight upto 50M above ground. Penetration levels could be optional on skills aquired

Be great if there was a mining scanner for a ship. Could work at low level  and provide feedback as to if there is ore in the area and its direction. A General purpose scanner . or enable scanning from a ship

Good point, But for me i would like it best to just not add any to be crafted scanners and make it a upgrade by training. Anything we dont have to craft will make the experience smoother and i think scanning should be part of global gameplay without need of additional crafts. 

It would be nice if we can general scan a planet before start mining there. Like it show you 10 type of ore available on that planet but only reveal 4-6 common to uncommon type ore, the rest you have to scan by hand on the planet or on the ground ( and of course no location, too easy if it does ).

Also NQ have said they will create a tool help player to get right decision when build a star gate, i think a wide general scan will include.

I don't think this is a good idea because you're going to make available to one person what would normally be done by many. Scanning should be a teamwork effort that needs some organization. Depending on how well this is organized the organization will do better or worse than others which is a highly influential gameplay element in my opinion. I think you should always be aware that making some gamplay elements easier, because maybe you dont like doing those, may not necessarily be a good change for the flow of the game in the long term. Maybe some planets or entire area's of a planet will not be inhabited because everyone can see there is nothing lucrative there. Plus the first one to play will steal away the best spots from day one rather than having to look and getting the thrill of finding that motherload. Obviously starting players will always have an advantage but they might still miss something that a future well organized organization can take advantage of where they might otherwize stay the underdog.

i think some thing like in space engineers

Ore Detector 

The Icon Block Ore Detector Ore Detector is a block in Space Engineers. When attached to a ship and supplied with power, it will display up to 5 ore locations on the player's HUD when they are within range 

• If installed on a Small Ship, the range is 50 meters.
  • If installed on a Large Ship or Station, the range is 150 meters.
  • The range of the Ore Detector does not stack, just overlaps.