Looking forward to Alpha 1 in less than 10 days

Anopheles

Yeah, lets not make wild speculations about things that are not public knowledge. I am positive that we will have alpha 1 by the end of the month as stated by NQ and if there is any reason to change the schedule, we will know ahead of time.

Another thing to mention is that Novaquark has not stipulated which founders will be let in at which time, something which they said would be stated before Alpha 1 was released.

some comments breaking the NDA were hidden

Folks, as a gentle reminder, keep all NDA related information (personal opinion and/or experience included) in it's proper channel here in the forums. Willingly sharing information under NDA can bring sanctions.

Regards,
Meldrik

Edited by Mod-Meldrik

I don't really understand the pre-alpha periods. So, is the game not being played for any time that doesn't fall into the few hours of pre-alpha they have? As a patron, am I pretty much waiting for the game to launch into alpha before I can really start playing it? This isn't a complaint. I'm just trying to figure it out.

29 minutes ago, sarbonn said:

I don't really understand the pre-alpha periods. So, is the game not being played for any time that doesn't fall into the few hours of pre-alpha they have? As a patron, am I pretty much waiting for the game to launch into alpha before I can really start playing it? This isn't a complaint. I'm just trying to figure it out.

Pre-Alpha is open to test at certain days/times defined by NQ. Basically thats when we can access the server.

Alpha 1/Alpha 2/Beta: These will likely have longer and longer server access times to fully test both client code and server code.

Final release is not expected for about 2 years (Might be shorter, might be longer) - at which time the server should be on 24/7

Remember at this early stage of the game we are testers and bug hunters and bug reporters. This is always the way with any software that is in development. Please dont think that gaining access means you have a 100% complete game, ready to play, without bugs - its our job to make it that way ;)

10 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

Pre-Alpha is open to test at certain days/times defined by NQ. Basically thats when we can access the server.

Alpha 1/Alpha 2/Beta: These will likely have longer and longer server access times to fully test both client code and server code.

Final release is not expected for about 2 years (Might be shorter, might be longer) - at which time the server should be on 24/7

Remember at this early stage of the game we are testers and bug hunters and bug reporters. This is always the way with any software that is in development. Please dont think that gaining access means you have a 100% complete game, ready to play, without bugs - its our job to make it that way ;)

Yeah, I get that now. They just made it sound like it was like every other pre-alpha or alpha where you can buy into it and start playing with the build they're currently using, making bug reports as you go along.

Some of the dev interviews certainly made it seem like the universe was already in place and just being fixed and expanded.

It's not a big deal. I still believe in the project and have zero problem investing in it. Was just a bit disappointed at the time aspects, as those have been kind of hard to find, unless you knew where to look beforehand. Again, not a big deal. Just disappointed.

I think its an issue these days as people think an Alpha build of something, and a pre-release version of something, are similar things. But they aren't.

In the software industry Alpha has always meant that the piece of software (or operating system for that matter), is more than just buggy, its more likely to crash and burn, more likely to do stuff you didnt intend when hitting 'button z', and is full of missing features etc etc.

Whereas pre-release basically means its either Beta or Gold, i.e. almost the finished product. So a user can expect the game to be playable with most issues and bugs already handled.

As you can see there is a huge gap between the two levels.

Have a look at some of NQ's vids on the YouTubes to get some idea of game progress, and the word here is progress - not finished game.

So cheer up, as you can see whats been achieved so far does look good ;)

And you can play it now. For me Im waiting for Alpha 1 to be release within the next week or two, which is the level I subscribed into. Its going to be a fun adventure :)

1 minute ago, CoreVamore said:

So cheer up, as you can see whats been achieved so far does look good ;)

Yeah, I think people are getting a little too defensive, and some appear to be actually looking for a fight. As I mentioned, I'm not overly concerned and am still quite happy to have invested. Not upset or looking for any types of arguments.

1 minute ago, sarbonn said:

Yeah, I think people are getting a little too defensive, and some appear to be actually looking for a fight. As I mentioned, I'm not overly concerned and am still quite happy to have invested. Not upset or looking for any types of arguments.

Its all good, welcome to the fun ;)