Dome

Tango_Lima

18 hours ago, ShioriStein said:

How about build a Dome with voxel  instead ? 

Because it will take very long time to build it due to the "dome shape" itself - How to follow the perfect shape .. it will be a nightmare with voxel tool.

My idea it closer than a "package" with all elements like a puzzle box with all pieces inside.

Some player could become designer an industrial man in the game to product and sell such product..

You could buy a "dome box" with all elements inside like a kit.

You could have transparent dome or concrete dome or whatever else...

25 minutes ago, Tango_Lima said:

ecause it will take very long time to build it due to the "dome shape" itself - How to follow the perfect shape .. it will be a nightmare with voxel tool.

The voxel system looks a lot like Landmarks, and making a partial sphere or dome in that game was not difficult. So it would be safe to assume that making a dome shape in DU won't be that hard with voxels.

Biome could have another goal : Host differents BIOMES, ( that it is impossible in the void of space for example )

You can not have trees or plants on an asteroid.

You could creat "oasis" and to farm food.

Of course you could create a cube with big windows, but the biome's shape sounds better for me.

frankly i would like to see forms that can be used to make domes, i dont mind making or hiring people to make them but any preformed element would be nice. Technically it would be used in space for exactly the points described by Tango_Lima so any preformed element would make it easier to make it work on large scale.