Large Scale Batteries

Context

I have no idea if this topic has already been thought of, probably has but I feel like I need to put it out there. I am also behind the NDA wall until Alpha 1 gets in on all the goodies, but alas here goes:

Large scale energy production in real life (IRL) takes time to ramp up and ramp down energy production. This is especially true for Nuclear Fission. On military ships when the reactor has been up for something and they no longer need the power and begin to scale down output the excess energy is put into batteries for storage for later usage, this comes in handy when there is a sudden need for a lot of power but the reactor still needs a minute to ramp up.

Even if our power sources do not require to ramp up and down and use a simplistic on/off approach the use of batteries might be a good tactical move for certain ships built on a budget, for short period of time it can have enough power to plug into a bunch of extra weapons without the need of second, third or fourth reactor and presumably reactors will cost a lot. Plus, if portions of ship get destroyed instead of having a single set HP (been waiting for a dynamic game of such caliber for over a decade now), batteries would be good for redundancy.