[Idea] Chempacks, Stimulants and all kind of Boosters

Greenfox

Hello there,

after talking this trough with someone we came to the conclusion that in a game with an RPG lock and fire PvP alot of things could be enhanced by "potion/drugs".

The basic idea would be to enable players to craft a multitude of drugs, like chempacks/ stimulants or healing meds.

One could implement a estensive crafting sheme for them too.

If a Adrelanine Pack needs:

-Water

-Carbon

-Energy

-Some plant/herbs or adrelanine boosting chems from a chemical fabricator

One could craft in some other ressources to change it's properties.

Makeing an Berseker Adrelanine Potion, which gives a faster firerate but lessens accuarcy.

Makeing an Focus Adrelanine Potion, which slows down firerate and increases accuracy.

Etc.

So with a small selection of these.

We could costumize our character momentarily. Noteing that after their effective time is used up, an negative buff should be applied.

What types of items would we need:

- Stimpacks = Faster Movement / Better Accuracy, extrem slow debuff afterwards

- Strength Boosts = More damage in melee, less accuracy.

- Med Packs = Healing overtime, afterwards a slow negative heal debuff which cost 50% of the healed HP

- Adrelanine Packs = Basic one gives better accuracy and will drop in accuracy afterwards

- Pain Blockers = Reduction of possible knockbacks or "dizzy" animation locks fro things like stun weapons. Increases received damage.

And whatever we can think of needed as basic version :3.

Probably we should have a drug for each stat that we will have ingame, even mining speed or mining damage. This would ultimately be a kind of moneysink for larger corps/ orgs that do PvP.

As they will want to customize their stats to a certain degree in battle, a demand for these would make a steady flow of resources to crafters and from them too the battlefields.

Balanceing this might be a bit hard, so i would suggest that for every active drug effect. There's a chance that one will "breakdown" on a time counter.

If you have 1 drug active, an random roll for each 10 second of 1% chance.

If you have 5 drugs active, an random roll for each 10 seonds of 50% chance.

When in a "breakdown" state, the postive effects will vanish and the negative effects will go into effect for double the normal duration.

So pumping yourself full of drugs will be a last man standing type of scenario for the user. Not a "lets buff ourselfs and pwn some poor miners!".

Ideas and critics are welcome.

Just now, Anonymous said:

This ^^^^

Also, if this ends up a thing in DU, come see me. First taste is free. ? I'll have what ails ya.

;3 I see an apsiring drug lord.

But i hope this really gets some limelight. Potion type drugs are a stable for rpgs, but often ignored as valid means to enhance ones chracter and more delegate to being ... an way for lonewolfs to not need buffers/healers.

Done right, this could be really fun and interesting.

5 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Old idea already

Or a bit more recently

And as I said there and 2years ago: drugs, yes pls

:3

More the merryer. And i think i bring some new ideas to these.

Lets make a sound so NQ sees us ;3.

34 minutes ago, Greenfox said:

;3 I see an apsiring drug lord.

But i hope this really gets some limelight. Potion type drugs are a stable for rpgs, but often ignored as valid means to enhance ones chracter and more delegate to being ... an way for lonewolfs to not need buffers/healers.

Done right, this could be really fun and interesting.

I'm more a generic service provider with discretion and some large friends.