What would the 7 Greatest Wonders of DU be?

Greetings everyone!

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I've often wondered what would the 7 wonders of Dual Universe could be....  I'm sure the Death Star from Star Wars would be one of them, the Borg cube or even Stargate Atlantis City.  But what else could or should we include if we created a list?

Can you guys create a list of 7 wonders for Dual Universe?

Some posts were hidden.

I copy here the relevant part from Lethys post:

In all seriousness: idk. ppl will build stuff now that will be yuge and wonderful - some months/years later someone will surpass that by several orders of magnitude. It'll constantly change and new things will be built. Either because new ppl join who just understand the game better or because the economy takes off and more resources are available.

Such things can only happen on ASA/MSA territory ofc - as in every other zone it'll just be destroyed

@Lethys, that was a bad joke. Keep in mind that there are children around...

(also, try to avoid abbreviations please)

~ Merwyn

I tend to think of my time playing Civilization.  Racing to build wonders in the world against the other groups as part of the culture war.  Very fun and engaging.  I like the idea of a Space Elevator.  I've heard that thrown around alot but I truly think it would be a great wonder to consider among great constructions.

This is a hard list to make. I think there will be many amazing locations being built as the game continues to grow after release. I could think of more, but here are some of the ones I feel would be notable as the 7 wonders, at least until something new is created lol.

1. Aloith City - In the sanctuary zone around the Arkship, will be a site to behold, with great monuments of Novaquarkian deities. A Metropolis of alliances with the most active Orgs.

2. Ring Station - A Ring station in orbit that spans the entire circumference of planet Aloith, visible from the surface and home to tens of thousands of players.

3. The Cluster -  A roaming city ship, I foresee it probably ending up resembling the "city of a thousand planets", and will end up a major economic and recreational hotspot.

4. StarGate 01 - Will be hub of civilization for players who seek to settle at a new star, and a battleground for Pirates, and aggressive Org Nations who see it as a strategic checkpoint.

5. Neon City - There will be many cyberpunk cities, but only one will be the most Massive, with unique Iconic architecture, and the best entertainment, like Racing under neon city lights.

6. Moon Station - As big as a moon, but a man made station built by players. Can only speculate why such a thing would be built at all, but it will definitely be a wonder to see.

7. Dyson Sphere - This is a crazy idea, but even if it is never fully completed, the massive structure would be something that has to be seen to be believed.

2 hours ago, TheMasterArchitect said:

I tend to think of my time playing Civilization.  Racing to build wonders in the world against the other groups as part of the culture war.  Very fun and engaging.  I like the idea of a Space Elevator.  I've heard that thrown around alot but I truly think it would be a great wonder to consider among great constructions.

Hey dude, you're the reason we disable Wonder victories on Age of Empires.

5 hours ago, supermega said:

This is a hard list to make. I think there will be many amazing locations being built as the game continues to grow after release. I could think of more, but here are some of the ones I feel would be notable as the 7 wonders, at least until something new it created lol.

1. Aloith City - In the sanctuary zone around the Arkship, will be a site to behold, with great monuments of Novaquarkian deities. A Metropolis of alliances with the most active Orgs.

2. Ring Station - A Ring station in orbit that spans the entire circumference of planet Aloith, visible from the surface and home to tens of thousands of players.

3. The Cluster -  A roaming city ship, I foresee it probably ending up resembling the "city of a thousand planets", and will end up a major economic and recreational hotspot.

4. StarGate 01 - Will be hub of civilization for players who seek to settle at a new star, and a battleground for Pirates, and aggressive Org Nations who see it as a strategic checkpoint.

5. Neon City - There will be many cyberpunk cities, but only one will be the most Massive, with unique Iconic architecture, and the best entertainment, like Racing under neon city lights.

6. Moon Station - As big as a moon, but a man made station built by players. Can only speculate why such a thing would be built at all, but it will definitely be a wonder to see.

7. Dyson Sphere - This is a crazy idea, but even if it is never fully completed, the massive structure would be something that has to be seen to be believed.

I think this is an awesome list and seeing a Dyson Sphere built in game would be insane.  Even if it doesn't actually work.

10 hours ago, supermega said:

Tranquility is already in development to do exactly this, free movable dynamic ship with loads of recreation and shops. Hmmm ill PM you, lets have a nice talk :)

here's an alien ruin i built in Landmark. 

nvReMg5.jpg

I think there is a possibility for some us to make some lore not about us arriving on the ark but who may have here before so i'd like to see:

- Ye olde temples

- Ruins

- Ancient derelict spacecraft and space stations

As far as things we will add

- Statues and Monuments (Arc de Quark, JC Statue!)

- Cities are a given maybe 1 colossal structure at the center would be the   

- Bridges

- Space Stations 

here's one if Dual's tweets on Sept 15th showing a monument of sorts by @Bomdiggety

DnJoKZRV4AARu64.jpg

On 11/7/2018 at 8:30 PM, Pantera said:

here's an alien ruin i built in Landmark. 

nvReMg5.jpg

I think there is a possibility for some us to make some lore not about us arriving on the ark but who may have here before so i'd like to see:

- Ye olde temples

- Ruins

- Ancient derelict spacecraft and space stations

As far as things we will add

- Statues and Monuments (Arc de Quark, JC Statue!)

- Cities are a given maybe 1 colossal structure at the center would be the   

- Bridges

- Space Stations 

here's one if Dual's tweets on Sept 15th showing a monument of sorts by @Bomdiggety

DnJoKZRV4AARu64.jpg

If someone could accurately sculpt a JC statue then I'm sure that would be the greatest accomplishment in DU.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder:

@Lethys

On 11/6/2018 at 4:54 PM, Lethys said:

Oh i didn't know that p***s and b***s fall under profanity - word filter (if any is in use) didn't Go off (as suggested by the rules)

What's bad to you was very funny for me tho :D

"penis" and "balls" are words that can be tolerated - even if it's borderline - if it's said once in the flow of a discussion.

However...

When it's repeated 6 times in a post and the whole goal of the post is to make a sexual joke, yes, it falls clearly in the profanity field. 

It's just common sense. You know it, we know it. 

Trying to hide it behind "a lack of humor from a moderator" and/or feigning ignorance doesn't make the issue disappear (quite the contrary in fact).

You can do all the jokes you want on a private forum but you have to show some restraints on a public forum.

This kind of behavior is not what is expected from an ATV member (lead by example and such).

Please do not continue in this direction.

@Kuritho

Supporting this kind of joke doesn't legitimize it. 

It just shows you haven't understood the rules... or are not willing to follow them.

We hope it's just a misunderstanding.

Please do not continue in this direction either.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

(Ignore my top post,couldn't figure out how to remove quotes)

Anyways, I personally think it'll be interesting for there to be both game created and player created wonders.

The game created wonders could be things put into the game by the developers that's attached to the lore of DU or something like that. Game created wonders could also be mysterious or unexplained phenomena that the devs leave up to the players to try and discover and/or solve.

Player created wonders are of course what the players create. It could be artifacts, bases, buildings, etc that players create and after a certain period of time no one knows who created the object and no player can re-create it. Something like that could be intriguing

7 hours ago, Hacker101 said:

Anyways, I personally think it'll be interesting for there to be both game created and player created wonders.

Maybe they’ll allow players in the Alpha/beta to create some permanent fixtures in game for the full release. That would kick major tooshie! Plllleeeaaassse NQ! ??

1 hour ago, Pantera said:

Maybe they’ll allow players in the Alpha/beta to create some permanent fixtures in game for the full release. That would kick major tooshie! Plllleeeaaassse NQ! ??

You can just save the blueprint, and rebuild it.

Of course, a golden statue will still be expensive.

In reference to some of the above comments to which I don't know the context of, lmao, I love this community and digress the day many of us are lost among the smorgasbord of masses.

That said, I think the wonders of DU won't be anything players can build per say, even though the wonders we refer to were all built by human hand.

The arkship will be the first great wonder.

The avatar and location of the first non-alioth landing will be the second.

Perhaps the first alien secret will be the third?

Kickstarter products the fourth?

From there, who knows...