Why it is a good idea to pay subscription fee for Dual Universe

TeemuMilto

2 minutes ago, Pantera said:

True. I guess it’s a no win. Give em attention and they like it. Let me run rampant and the like it.

Back to the topic though I really am not sure if a sub model will 100% deter them but hopefully slow them down. Also some people can see hardcore pirate RPers as a troll. We’ll see. I believe that with the amount of land we’ll get that there will be room for everyone’s own vision of the game to exist.

Agreed, some people will see pirates and gansta's as trolls, and they need to learn that it is in fact emergent game play in a sandbox. Are they a nice thing to have in a game, probably not for some, do they provide content? Hell Yea!

There was a whole thread on this subject a year or so ago, for anyone interested in this, but it is off topic from the original thread.

So yes a reasonable subscription fee to play DU is fine as far as I am concerned, and for those that cant afford it, well..... get a job? ;)

18 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

So yes a reasonable subscription fee to play DU is fine as far as I am concerned, and for those that cant afford it, well..... get a job?

To add specifically to this aspect:

Well, it's simple, kind of: In the end, it's a hobby. And hobbies usually cost money eventually. While it might be a bummer for some, I'm not aware of some kind of universal right to play (such) games for free if the provider of said product doesn't aim to provide it for free in the end.

Even when I went to school I could somehow afford to pay MMORPGs with the average monthly sub and it's not like I grew up with a golden spoon in my mouth, if you catch what I am saying. The actual problem I had was paying the company effectively since I did not have a bank account and since game time cards for that game (Star Wars Galaxies) were hard to get in local stores so I had to ask others at times.

So I'd say for many people who're not living in complete poverty, it should be nothing impossible to obtain the funds for some months of game time at least if they want to play this game. And besides, this game theoretically allows you to eventually pay for your game time by in-game means by obtaining DAC, if you can manage to trade for them in-game or convince the right people, so in theory you might not have to pay hard cash at some point any longer, or only do so rarely.

But I feel like we had that particular debate already and will have it lots of times with new(er) people in the future.