Why it is a good idea to pay subscription fee for Dual Universe

TeemuMilto

Pros:

1. There is a DAC, which you can gain by mining Quanta, and don´t need real-life money.

2. The game is free to download, including all content. (Isn´t this like Eve was?)

3. The monthly subscription starts from around 13 €

4. There is a free trial period. 

Cons: 

1. Paying for a monthly subscription is a very serious and scary feature which does not work with reasonable money policies, unless it is low enough. It is not like this game is going to rob kids´ money, is it? Don´t focus on the big 60 - 180 € packages alone. Also Novaquark´s single shard server needs there monthly payments more than a single payment. This is me being courageous like the French are. 

Verdict: I am going to be a player who uses 13 € a month for a short time. Especially when comparing the five alternatives to Dual Universe,

I believe I can get a full game experience without going insane over all those offer packages. When the game does not offer anymore new, like a unique and strong atmosphere and creativity and limitless growth, I quit without using anymore money. I have found my moderation. So in 2020 is Awakening and I will be there.

2. I had an opening 

but it was closed. I was accused by Lethys of necroposting. It is not as if I am a trouble on this forum because this is my fourth message and it had been 1.5 years since the third one. But I am not new to hostile forums and we are going to have trouble. My topic was necessary too, thinking about the subscription issue and that I had decided to pay. This poses a new question about Dual Universe, the fascist forum community. If I break some rules here and you ban me, should I still pay to play Dual Universe? Of course not. I wouldn´t have any user rights. You really need to know this for context, that I am that kind of buyer who is going to pay 13 € for a short while. As a player like this, I do not need a community to be like you, to follow your norms, to be socially acceptable. That does not mean that I am trouble in the forum but that I have freedoms to differ. Do you guys know the story about Star Citizen and other games, where there is a hostile 30´s, 40´s male community on the forum, who pay a lot of money to get back to some childhood ideal of gaming with friends, and who attack violently all others on the forum, who are not conforming to the dream? Do you think that on this forum already? For sure, If you make me feel bad by applying some forum enforcement on me because of necroposting, I will not pay anything for Dual Universe anyway. This con is unresolved. I have copied this in case its removed.

10 hours ago, TeemuMilto said:

Pros:

1. There is a DAC, which you can gain by mining Quanta, and don´t need real-life money.

2. The game is free to download, including all content. (Isn´t this like Eve was?)

3. The monthly subscription starts from around 13 €

4. There is a free trial period. 

Hi TeemuMilto,

Lets briefly go over some of these points.

Yes its true that there is a subscription and that its may be possible to use in-game activity to eventually pay for the monthly subscription fee as far as I know NQ has not, as yet, stated what the monthly subscription service fee will actually be - after all the game isnt due to be released for at least 18 months at the earliest, and most likely more than 2 years out. Luckily there will be a free trial period as you mention.

Cons: 

1. Paying for a monthly subscription is a very serious and scary feature which does not work with reasonable money policies, unless it is low enough. It is not like this game is going to rob kids´ money, is it? Don´t focus on the big 60 - 180 € packages alone. Also Novaquark´s single shard server needs there monthly payments more than a single payment. This is me being courageous like the French are. 

Verdict: I am going to be a player who uses 13 € a month for a short time. Especially when comparing the five alternatives to Dual Universe,

I believe I can get a full game experience without going insane over all those offer packages. When the game does not offer anymore new, like a unique and strong atmosphere and creativity and limitless growth, I quit without using anymore money. I have found my moderation. So in 2020 is Awakening and I will be there.

I believe the packages you are referring to are the packages targeted at the early backers of the game, not the monthly subscription fee. These are two entirely different things aimed at two different audiences.

The early backer packages, which are available currently in different forms, are for members of the public that would like an early experience of the game and understanding that the game at this stage is not finished, lacks many features, will likely have multiple bugs, be unstable, and is limited in the amount of time that it can be played due to the servers only being available for testing purposes (i.e. servers arent running 24x7). Essentially these packages are aimed at software testers that are willing to put in the hours and effort to give feedback to NQ to make DU a great game on its eventual release.

The subscription service, unlike the above, is for the general public to be able to experience DU when it is released in its final, complete, non-alpha/non-beta form, its release form.

I am also not sure from you comment about "When the game does not offer anymore new, like a unique and strong atmosphere and creativity and limitless growth, I quit without using anymore money" a little confusing, simply because its NQ's job to provide the tools and the environment to allow the players themselves to create the worlds, the constructs, the groups etc that will be the life of DU. NQ itself, besides elements and the physical worlds themselves, wont be creating much else.

2. I had an opening 

but it was closed. I was accused by Lethys of necroposting. It is not as if I am a trouble on this forum because this is my fourth message and it had been 1.5 years since the third one. But I am not new to hostile forums and we are going to have trouble. My topic was necessary too, thinking about the subscription issue and that I had decided to pay. This poses a new question about Dual Universe.. If I break some rules here and you ban me, should I still pay to play Dual Universe? Of course not. I wouldn´t have any user rights.

You are opening a can of worms here. Its never a good idea to call any forum names (or any other form of generic term) as you will get a backlash from doing so.

According to the NQ rules, even though you did start the thread, it was a necropost, and I didnt see anything hostile etc in what Lethys said to you about it.

Secondly, having a few indiscretions in the forums wont be enough to get you banned - that is up to the moderators to do, and they do an excellent job of being balanced and fair in these forums. 

I do think you are over reacting.....

You really need to know this for context, that I am that kind of buyer who is going to pay 13 € for a short while. As a player like this, I do not need a community to be like you, to follow your norms, to be socially acceptable. That does not mean that I am trouble in the forum but that I have freedoms to differ. Do you guys know the story about Star Citizen and other games, where there is a hostile 30´s, 40´s male community on the forum, who pay a lot of money to get back to some childhood ideal of gaming with friends, and who attack violently all others on the forum, who are not conforming to the dream? Do you think that on this forum already? For sure, If you make me feel bad by applying some forum enforcement on me because of necroposting, I will not pay anything for Dual Universe anyway. This con is unresolved. I have copied this in case its removed.

Honestly I think you are getting confused between "Lively discussion" and being attacked.

Being attacked would be something like... as an example only, of "You are dumb, thats a stupid idea, what are you? 3 years old?".....

where as a discussion would be pointing out the potential error in ideas/logic/knowledge etc.

Just because someone disagrees with you is not an attack.

I agree with you that some other games can and do have a hostile forum community however I havent found that here, and Ive been here for a good year or so. Sure there can be lively discussion, and disagreements, but thats a form of growth, and from it often comes understanding and sometimes a better solution is found.

As I mentioned above I doubt you will be banned, that would be extreme (Though once again thats not my call to make).

Just sit back, take some deep breaths and relax.

Have a good read of the huge amount of threads that have gone on here and you will get a better feel for what NQ have decided will happen as well as community suggestions etc. Remember that there are a tonne of suggestions related the those already play testing the game that we dont see here - if you did Im sure you would be be impressed with whats going on.

So anyway relax, and enjoy. Life isnt that serious, nor is DU.

Cheers

CoreVamore

Edited by CoreVamore
Removed section as per moderator request

I am not a moderator so I will just share my personal view and opinion on your comments and post.

If you are coming here to be informed, ask questions or otherwise be a constructive part of the community that's great. Generally, if you are critical with reasonable arguments that is fine too. To me it appears you are not doing either you are pushing an agenda which seems to serve no purpose but to stir up sentiment and argument. You are also spamming a misinformed, biased and overall bad video of another game for no reason.

Your comments show you do not really understand the concept of the early access, supporter packs. The monetization model NQ has chosen for DU is sensible, reasonable and I expect will be fairly priced. You will have the option to work your way towards buying gametime using in game currency so the choice of not paying real world money is there. Bottom line is you have a choice; get in early, be part of the development of the game and as a perk get some goodies and prepay X amount of monthly gametime fees which you can use once the game goes live or wait until release and start playing then using the monthly fee which is assumed to be around $15 or so but is yet to be confirmed.

As I see it, that your previous thread was closed has nothing to do with being fascist, it has to do with you not adhering to the existing forum etiquette and rules.

7 hours ago, TeemuMilto said:

I was accused of necroposting. It is not as if I am a trouble on this forum because this is my fourth message and it had been 1.5 years since the third one. But I am not new to hostile forums and we are going to have trouble. My topic was necessary too, thinking about the subscription issue and that I had decided to pay. This poses a new question about Dual Universe, the fascist forum community. If I break some rules here and you ban me, should I still pay to play Dual Universe? Of course not. I wouldn´t have any user rights.

Because necroposting is against the Forum rules. I just hinted at that, nothing more. If you break some rules, get a reminder of them and then run around screaming "these forums are hostile. The Community is fascist" and write passive aggressive stuff like "I do not need a community to be like you, to follow your norms, to be socially acceptable. That does not mean that I am trouble in the forum but that I have freedoms to differ" or "Star Citizen and other games, where there is a hostile 30´s, 40´s male community on the forum, who pay a lot of money to get back to some childhood ideal of gaming with friends, and who attack violently all others on the forum " then I can't help but laugh. 

Do whatever you want, but acting like that won't get you very far in a MMO like Du

@Mod-Meldrik done

Hey @TeemuMilto,

Yes, the previous thread was locked due to Necroposting. The rules are pretty clear on that (forum rules) now, the only reason I'm intervening on here now it's because of the last section of your OP. It falls under name and shamming community members in this forum. 

I'd like if you and all others who've posted (with a quote or replied in kind to that section of the OP) thus far to edit this out, to avoid any unnecessary problems that will coming with that. Otherwise we'll have to go a different route with this.

Aside from that: stay chill, stay on topic and be cool! 

Regards,

Meldrik

Nice bait. Love it!

Now, I shall put out an analogy of the highest order.

Say you live in a universe where you can't seal holes, and have a bucket of water and you stab a hole in it. You have to constantly add water for it to work.

The water is money, the bucket is Novaquark, the hole is simple economics, and the water outflow is eye-candy cocaine that you'll be addicted to.

1 hour ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Where are people getting the money to buy gaming computers, but they can't afford a $15 a month subscription fee?

Seriously.  We're talking about less then $200 a year.

The math doesn't add up.

Oh shit. That's a lot of money.

I don't think I should play DU because I want to spend that money on a daily $5 coffee for 40 days.

13 minutes ago, Bomdiggety said:

monthly subscription keeps out the riff raff.

That's entirely wrong.

It's actually much easier to.

If I wanted to troll (theoretically) I could just buy a months worth of subscription and troll my ass off instead of paying for a $60 game.

I can troll 5 times and get banned and it'd cost the game as playing a full $60 game and trolling.

19 hours ago, Kuritho said:

That's entirely wrong.

It's actually much easier to.

If I wanted to troll (theoretically) I could just buy a months worth of subscription and troll my ass off instead of paying for a $60 game.

I can troll 5 times and get banned and it'd cost the game as playing a full $60 game and trolling.

thats how it works, the trolls get banned, see? gimme a break.

1 hour ago, Bomdiggety said:

thats how it works, the trolls get banned, see? gimme a break.

A troll knows they'll get banned. They just need to have the best troll/cost factor.

Subscription based games allow all of that sweet, sugary trolling to happen.

Just now, Bomdiggety said:

NQ seems pretty on top of things as far as keeping out the trash, im not worried.

Maybe while things a small, maybe not as DU grows.

Keep in mind that emergent game play can, and does, bring out baiting and trolling. So there is a very fine line there.

Lines naturally should be, and are, drawn at rl death threats etc..

All I am saying is that one persons tease could be seen as another persons troll.

Easy way to combat it - is just chill ;)

If we're talking about keeping trolls to a minimum, perhaps activating a new account would require an upfront payment of more than a months subscription? For the first time you decide to get a full access account you would simply pay for 3-5 months of access, and then any time after that you would just pay for 1 like normal. This would make the upfront cost higher, which would discourage trolls. The obvious downside is that fewer people would activate their accounts, as the upfront cost would be much higher

1 hour ago, SonEasterZombie said:

If we're talking about keeping trolls to a minimum, perhaps activating a new account would require an upfront payment of more than a months subscription? For the first time you decide to get a full access account you would simply pay for 3-5 months of access, and then any time after that you would just pay for 1 like normal. This would make the upfront cost higher, which would discourage trolls. The obvious downside is that fewer people would activate their accounts, as the upfront cost would be much higher

Then they just use the free Trial accs. You simply can't evade them, just make it harder for them ingame

2 hours ago, Pantera said:

Welp, I foresee the formation of the ATF or Anti Troll Force. :P

I’ll sign up for that in a heatbeat. 

You cannot stop trolls but we can make it really hard for them.

Pretty sure a troll would love trolling such a force..... triggered just a little are we? ?

7 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

Pretty sure a troll would love trolling such a force..... triggered just a little are we? ?

True. I guess it’s a no win. Give em attention and they like it. Let me run rampant and the like it.

Back to the topic though I really am not sure if a sub model will 100% deter them but hopefully slow them down. Also some people can see hardcore pirate RPers as a troll. We’ll see. I believe that with the amount of land we’ll get that there will be room for everyone’s own vision of the game to exist.