Hostile Zones - Remove Username and player position information from Minimap

Eternal

Proposal:

Hide Username and player position information from Minimap on Hostile zones. These information should not exist because of PVP. Make these information available only on Safe zones for the sake of convenience.

Here is a scenario that I was thinking;

This game can potentially have guerilla warfare. You can build a reconnaissance vehicle, paste Soil or Forest Soil mineable materials on the Voxel Airframe Skin of your Dynamic Construct Vehicle so it can stay camouflaged from afar. Also, the Armor that you will wear must blend with the environment to provide camouflage to your Avatar. On an Arctic environment, you will use white Voxels on your constructs and paste Snow mineable materials on exposed surface. You will use the Gun-Elements in this game as stationary howitzer battery in which a flying vehicle can easily spot making it vulnerable to airstrike - you will roof it with voxels and you will paste Soil / Forest Soil mineable materials on the roofing to camo it from aerial view. muzzle-of-a-105mm-light-artillery-gun-po.

The things that happened in Vietnam war will also happen to this game. People will create underground tunnels in this game for strategy and survival. War will be strategic taking advantage of the environment if you don't have sophistication in technology, equipment/resources, manpower, and firepower to go to war on direct confrontation.

These will not be possible if you will continue to display Username information and player position information from Minimap which give away player position - I suggest we remove their display on Hostile zones and show only the avatar, in which you have to visually spot and then shoot.

shsdhh.png

Yes, that should be optional as well. But in Hostile Zones, these information should not exist, not even as an option. The only option that should be available in Hostile Zones is to display the information of friendlies (players that you are organizationally affiliated with), that's it. You can see from my screenshot example that it reveals player position of potentially enemy players - this just kills the strategy of warfare because it exposes players so easily. If these players from my screenshot move to the forest, you can still easily spot them because of the information provided. Guerilla warfare will not exists in this game because it's not viable and efficient.

This screenshot is from NQ Tutorial Video. My idea is to paste(deploy) these environment mineable materials to the skin of the construct itself as I've seen from Demo videos that they do stick (and then trim them to your requirement via mine/dig tool). Camo will be used to the advantage here.

FU4GeGX.png

08-04-17-3ABCThideAndSeek03.jpg

Also, if I'm not mistaken, existing constructs also display from the Minimap? I suggest to remove that information as well in Hostile Zones. 

When people step in to the Hostile Zones, they have to be wary of their environment (atleast they have to be visually wary). This will give you the same feeling as you are walking in to the forest in Southern Philippines and you have to be aware of your environment. Someone can come out of nowhere (someone out there is probably watching and preying on you), and then PK you and loot you.

The Hostile Zone must feel like you are stepping to a territory like Southern Philippines full of insurgence hiding in the forest and mountain. It has risks and it has rewards because important resources are in there. Lawless elements who PK and loot people can exist there.

The Hostile Zone must feel unknown and scary. With the existence of player and construct position information, it gives you more safe feeling because of much better visualization of threats.

I know the Combat and PVP of this game is not on the works yet, but I'm just giving my suggestions of what I want implemented. The Hostile Zone must feel unknown and have no predictability of safety (you have to be more observant and aware). It should feel like Afghanistan. Speaking of Afghanistan, we should have landmines in this game deployable only on Hostile Zones with counter-mechanics to disarm untriggered spotted enemy landmines. Just like Engine Exhausts, if you cover it's sensor, it will not work (it will not detect anything), so they are detectable and not impossible to detect by the naked eye when deployed (just visually hard to detect because of camo and size). So you have to be visually aware of your environment, if you don't pay attention, you will step on or trigger a landmine and take damage/die and then looters can come in and loot your corpse.

Landmine.jpg

The "Hostile Zone" you refer to is the entire DU game world outside of the safe zones. Every inch of the game world (excluding safezones) is potential combat territory, including those hexes claimed by you or your org.

"Hostile" is the default, the handful of official safe zones are the exception...

Yeah, it makes all sense to keep sensible data out of non-friendy eyes, mostly in non-safe zones. Otherwise, it would be not enjoyable (nor realistic) for pvp gameplay. 

In the other hand, keeping hidden those data out of the screen will encourage people to design and fabricate tech to discover "mice" in their fields (and guns to remove them silently, too, haha).