Im confused about what i pledged and what i can do now?

jonnyhicks

http://prntscr.com/l5lffs

(thats a screenshot of my profile)

Apparently im a 'Silver Founder'

I can remember pledging something around the 50 euro mark back in 2016.

Im a little bit confused about what I cna do now, what i should have and at what point i can actually get involved.

Ive had a good look around the site at all the additional pledge levels and there was an FAQ showing the different levels, but either im a total noob or ive missed something.

Please can someone advise?

Regards

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I also have a question about pledge.

So if I get the 180€ I will have access to the given dates, for the given playing time.

Like today

1st november, at 17:00 UTC for 3 hours (so will be able to play 3 hours) and then wait

8th November, 20:00 UTC for 6 hours, (so will be able to play again for 6 hours on 20th)

That's correct?

Asking cause actually, the gold supporter pack says "access NOW"

Just to say... I dont care about the money to pledge - but I want to "understand" clearly - what I am going to invest in.

Money is not just "throw it" when you have. I like to know what I do.

180€ is more than whats requested to play/(test nothing they have their guidelines) SC (while, btw, I dont like SC)

Now. I play many EA and paid for all of them. SO I think I deserve the right to get a clear answer to this question

When something SAY NOW, is it "now" or at given dates and time / hours allowed to PLAY(and test) but must be CLEAR

or

in your very case, since you filter a lot of things abvouilsy, I should say "test"... to test, I must PLAY

To invest, I must be clear with what and for what  and how I do.

There are severals games I invested in before I played - but none asked me to pay before.

Also, for the many videos I watched about your game - youtubers are "censored" and must required your approval to publish.

SO

If you want my 180€

Clear answer should be welcome - Or "forget my message" but at least modify your web explanation for pledge invest etc...

Therefore - people "idiotic like me" wont bother you asking, and just spend their money into the game"

thanks

You pay for prealpha access. 

Here you can see the testing times

https://www.dualthegame.com/en/server-status/

When you click the pledge Here

https://www.dualthegame.com/en/pledge/

You clearly see the msg "the next playtest date is always displayed in top of this Homepage"

Omce you click on "buy this pack" you See the disclaimer:

Disclaimer: you are joining a game that is under development. While you will be able to play and we hope you will enjoy the game, this is a real Pre-Alpha and as such, you must expect the following :
  • The game servers are available once per week (Each test date & time is available at the top of the Dual Universe homepage)
  • The Pre-Alpha phase is under strict NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). It means you cannot share footage of the game.
  • There will be bugs, game crashes and the client isn't optimized for low specs computers.
  • As we are in Pre-Alpha, not every gameplay feature (such as PvP and the Economy) is available in-game. You can check the homepage in order to see what is available now and what will come later. You can also check the community Trello for more information.

So yeah, I'm not sure what's not to understand or unclear.

- There are certain times the servers are open which are displayed on the hp
- you're not allowed to share any ingame experience with someone who doesn't have access to the game
- servers aren't open 24/7
- there are bugs and it's an unfinished game (prealpha rn)

5 hours ago, Twolinks said:

Just to say... I dont care about the money to pledge - but I want to "understand" clearly - what I am going to invest in.

Money is not just "throw it" when you have. I like to know what I do.

You are not 'investing' in anything as you get nothing in return that would allow you to make a profit. You are not a stakeholder in the company or game, do not own rights or shares in the product nor do you have a seat at the table regarding development. You are entitled to access to a game which is in very early stages of development. An analogy would be you are paying money to sit in the audience while a theatre production is being created, watching the process and progress. Your money goes towards the actual creation of the play.

If, after you check out the vision and commitment of NQ to making DU a reality you want to support them in doing so you pledge. making a pledge by paying amount X will get you early access at some stage and a number of perks/benefits. It does not buy you entitlements nor guarantees the game will actually eventually release and be the game you believe it will be.

Overall the amount you pay covers the cost of buying DAC by itself, you basically buy X months playtime upfront and in one payment and get an additional number of perks based on the level you buy in at. That playtime will start getting consumed at some point in the future, at or close to release. Until then you get access to the game in development during the times the developer decides to open the servers..

Frankly, if you are asking the questions you are asking IMO you are not ready to become a supporter for the game by buying into a supporter pack. It's absolutely fine if you choose to wait it out, be around and follow progress 'from the outside'. You can then always just come in once the game goes live.

To me it was not clear - sorry- but when you show "join NOW" - means "now".

not now at givens hours/day/date etc...

now its now, not tomorrow or in 3 days ot hslf s month..

so if you think I am wrong, I really have to review my definition of "now"

Yet, I am not saying that in the bad ways looking to your above answers. Thank you taking time to answer me.

I think I will wait a little bit. I am not too close to the game - never hear of it - thats like 4 or 5 days now I follow it "by pure hazard" 

(that last word, should eventually be remoted to developpers - a game not talken enough of it, is a game that makes less profits...now or tomorrow btw)

Ho and, yes - I invest into my pleasure - so it is very exactly what an investment means - if you have only a "GOLD" view, then you must review your definition of investment.

Investment doesnt only mean "coins"

me not english native - trying to make clear thing I feel - so please excuse me if I say thing to straight

I get what you are trying to say, it's fine..

In the context of the supporter packs the term "now" does not refer to being able to access the game immediately (at any time), it refers to buying into the supporter pack which "now" grants access to servers when they are open.

ok I understand.

Thank you for answer.

For me for now it is a bit early to spend almost 200 to support the game development - It is yet very engaging and I love the building system.

But I did not find any real video about the gameplay.

And in the same way, I think 60 euro is too much for something we dont know when it go on beta.

But I am whilling to pledge those 180€ when I will learn more about game.

0 video about what we do ingame other than building stuff.

I am a builder, I love that. But I would like to know what else we do ingame and how we get the building materials.

I have not found any videos about gameplay other than building.

2 hours ago, Twolinks said:

I am a builder, I love that. But I would like to know what else we do ingame and how we get the building materials.

I have not found any videos about gameplay other than building

That's because we're not allowed to share anything due to the NDA. So NQ makes all the videos.

And it's because some gameplay aspects of the game aren't even developed yet (see roadmap - PvP for example will come at a later stage).

Sounds like you really should wait with throwing money at NQ, that's fine

9 hours ago, Twolinks said:

I have not found any videos about gameplay other than building. 

All of the information you seek are in these forums, if not in detail at least in overview, you will have to read however and not watch vids ?