Time for an Introduction

3of9

So, with 24/7 servers coming in the not too distant future... I figured now was the time to start being involved.

I learned about DU from Chris Roberts' post on the Star Citizen news feed and jumped into the kickstarter with both feet. I've been involved with Second Life since 2004 and always wished it could be what is essentially Dual Universe's design goal.  So, here I am and I look forward to building ships, cities, and whatever else happens to seem interesting to me in the future on worlds near and far.

See you... out there.

Welcome to the community o/

14 hours ago, 3of9 said:

So, with 24/7 servers coming in the not too distant future...

From the AMA:

The roadmap doesn't make any mention of server uptime. When can we expect the servers to be up for extended periods of time (24/7)? Is this something that we can expect during a specific phase of Alpha? Can we expect server uptime during the winter holiday season this year? Is there a clue of sorts hidden in one of the videos that were recently published? 
We know that the community is anticipating more server uptime in the near future and we’re working hard to achieve that for you. During the final r0.11 tests, we'll have a full weekend test on Sept 8th-9th and a 48-hour long test on Sept, 13th-15th. When r0.12 goes live, we'll try to have 24-hour long tests as soon as possible.

Let's be honest here: 24/7 uptime is one of our top priorities at Novaquark, but it won't be attainable in 2018. We don’t want to drive unnecessary hype, so it’s hard to give an estimated date at this time. Also, no hints were given in our videos whatsoever.

Thanks for the quote. I simply assumed that a proper alpha was going to mean a switch to full-time server availability.

It is a shame that this information is not included on the roadmap and is instead relegated to an AMA (that I still don't know the location of).

My work schedule is very chaotic and rarely fits with these test windows. I will just have to continue to wait until the server goes full-time.