Fortifications

Lulichika

What if players could place elements in-between walls to increase the likelihood they’ll stay in place when hit by artillerly. The blocks that are near the element increase their likelihood by 25%. The blocks attached to the element increase their chances by 50%. 

How about a layer outside of that act as armor plate ( of course all is voxel ). And in here we isnt using block, it is voxel building (recommend watch video on youtube to know how thing build in DU ) so it isnt help much.

The damage deal to the ship hull via weapon is that , it will left "a hole" there. It calculate something like status base of weapon , skill and then the material make the ship hull.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:34 AM, ShioriStein said:

How about a layer outside of that act as armor plate ( of course all is voxel ). And in here we isnt using block, it is voxel building (recommend watch video on youtube to know how thing build in DU ) so it isnt help much.

The damage deal to the ship hull via weapon is that , it will left "a hole" there. It calculate something like status base of weapon , skill and then the material make the ship hull.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:34 AM, ShioriStein said:

Thanks for the info, I’m a bit slow on the DU tutorials

As soon as we get more info on materials.

Expect a ton of different materials to be resilent to different types of damage.

Intermix them either by layers or random patterns and you get a wall that can't be easily broken down for an entry hole.

When will we have info about these?

I guess when either PvP hits the test or when we're close to Beta/ Realese.

Outside of that, i guess you there's stil a bunch of elements you could use to "absorb" damage. That you could hide inside walls. Might cost alot altough.

20 hours ago, Vulcore said:

I am thinking Sand Castle :)

I like sand castles, they're easily destroyed come high tide.  ?

On 10/5/2018 at 11:45 AM, Sofernius said:

Intermix them either by layers or random patterns and you get a wall that can't be easily broken down for an entry hole.

I can already imagine checkerboard ships. Blast a hole in one and a few voxels disappear while a few remain, just hovering there. If you want to make an actual hole, you'd have to hit them with another weapon, essentially requiring two hits on one spot if your weapons are single purpose.

Or... we do a completely revolutionary idea called:

Be realistic.

We aren't going to have voxel deformation due to weapons any time soon, and may never actually come.

Stop your wet dreams and have real ones- likes taxes or death.

The other revolutionary idea is called a shield, which they will implement.

5 hours ago, Kuritho said:

Or... we do a completely revolutionary idea called:

Be realistic.

We aren't going to have voxel deformation due to weapons any time soon, and may never actually come.

Stop your wet dreams and have real ones- likes taxes or death.

The other revolutionary idea is called a shield, which they will implement.

Booo :3.

It's called idea section for a reason.

• 3 months later...

Ok as the topic is currently on armor I think it should matter (as this is a voxel based game) how things are place we can see this in IRL when people are building tanks and how they place armor to defend a tank from another tank artillery or any explosive weapon. Anyway the amount you have the material you use weather you place it at a angle or not perhaps have nano-fiber to have it self repaire would also be interesting and then there are shields as well. But until the combat system comes out we will have no idea what will happen ;)