Blocking follower

Dhara

I must say that feature that you request(ed) seems unusual. At least I never heard of it. Ignore specific users so you (as logged in account) do not see their posts? Sure. Common. You making sure they don't see your posts? That's new in a way, I think. I probably never heard of it because it is not feasible to implement or guarantee. Or forgot about it due to this.

Why? Because anyone can look at user profiles. I don't have to follow anyone to see what they do. "Following" just seems to be a convenience feature. Let's assume they add a function so I, as "blocked" user, cannot look at your profile or I don't see your posts anymore: I simply log out and watch it. You take away the ability for users to watch other profiles if they are not logged in? Alt account. You blacklist your posts to be seen for a certain IP (range)? VPN, etc.

I think that illustrates how infeasible or hard it would be, even if it might be a useful feature for some. I illustrate all of this to basically come to the conclusion that once you post in such a public forum, anyone can see it and it is hard to prevent select users from seeing this - specific measures to do so can be avoided.

Basically, we'll have to live with other people watching us on the internet. In public sections at least. I've seen worse than just someone looking at posts, if it's just that.

To clarify, I completely understand that you might find it useful and I am not arguing "against" it as in "How could you suggest such a crap?!" :P Just saying how hard it would be to pull off. Perhaps it now is better to accept it than hope for some solution that may never come or fully work. If it's just someone watching what you post, that's that. Could see worse things personally. If there's more to it where specific forum rules might be infringed upon you can obviously consider reporting if there was, for example, prior beef involved, but you can never prevent people from seeing your posts and following you "either way" if they want to.

Unless you don't post any more or change your account to throw them off. That's always an evasive option at the loss of your established abstract community rep with the prior account.

Or perhaps in all my considerations, I simply oversaw a working and practical solution to this, then feel free to correct me, whoever knows of any. Or send it via PM to me or Dhara if it shouldn't be here in a public thread.

Thanks Nyzaltar but that would block everyone and I don't want to do that.

Warden,  Twitter does it and to be honest, I do like the option.  Thought it might be available here too and thought I'd ask.  Nothing more or less to it.