How will spacecraft be identified?

Just curious how each spacecraft will be identified and how the person viewing it will see who is the owner/owning faction.

What im referring too: In Space Engineers its the Antennas, in Star Wars its the Transponder Code and I do not recall what it was in Empyrion but you get my point. This is related to my older thread Neutrality Signs

Thanks, Immortal

That will depend on the type of UI features and Elements we get for this purpose. Currently, nothing is publicly known about any such features.

We are still too far away from any PVP features being introduced, which is when your question will likely be answered. :)

P.s.: Seeing as you are a pre-alpha tester, you may get a better answer by posting in the NDA-section of the forum. ;)

• 1 month later...

Well as stated.

Corps probably will add their logos onto ships.

Or you can have an LUA code shout out something to anyone in listeing range, if they ad VOIP or proximity chat systems.

That's pretty generic stuff for which the devs wont need to programm anything at all. Outside of giving us said VOIP or chat systems.

Aside from that?

Spam chat and hope that pirates won't come flocking to "neutral" ships?

--

In a game called screeps.

We made our minions sing when razeing someone elses bases down to the ground.

Or even dance on his borders ...

And there was even a guy that used chat commands for trade and stuff, till he got robbed.

And another that use a rock paper scissor chat programm with friends, to decide who get's rescources that are closeby.

Programming languages are really versatile :3.

I would just as soon not be able to be identified unless i choose to be. With the exception being if i damage another players construct, trespass , on injure or kill another player. Then they should know who I am. Since i do not plan on intentionally doing these things I very much hope to to remain unidentified unless i choose to reveal myself in player interaction such as trading and what not :)

• 2 weeks later...