Two-way money

Clivedurr

Two-way money

1. The players can be able to buy in-game money for real money, this is the only way to print new in-game money. (deposit)

2. The players can be able o convert in-game money back to real money. (withdraw)

3. Rich mechanism to allow players trade all possible itens between them, using the in-game money as currency for the trades.

4. (Optional) The company can use thoses transactions, buy and convert in-game money, to retain a small part of thoses transactions and avoid monthly subscription.

5. (Optional) Players can trade your in-game money by game-time/subscription.

This will prevent black-market.

Without the monthly subscription, players can buy game money to get other players' material, using safe and allowed in-game mechanisms.

This may be appealing to people who wish to make money playing, and again, using safe and permissible mechanisms within the game, without having to turn to the black market.

While I would like a two-way money system, because it would be awesome to be paid to play the game effectively, 99% of the players here are going to argue against it.

Plus Novaquark will never get behind it.

So I'll give you a thumbs up here, but most everyone else who replies is going to go on about how it's a horrible idea. 

Well, that was just an idea that I carried with me for a long time, and since I'm very interested in this game, and this was a channel to present ideas, here's mine! Maybe someone will see this and have another idea based on this, or other ideas to improve it, and then implement it in some other game in the future, I just wanted to share!

Project Entropia has a two-way money exchange system, everything in that game is indirectly paid in real money, even the quest rewards are funded by the money pool accumulated by the devs, lol

While Entropia has existed for at least 10 years, I wouldn't call it a game with "mass appeal". NQ seem to be aiming at a far larger audience than Entropia has ever attracted, and that will not happen if DU is a real-money based game...

The very large team of lawyers and accountants that this would force NQ to have would probably be cost prohibitive.

Game companies generally work very hard to have their in-game currency NOT be equated directly to real money so that it isn't subject to a countries finance laws.

For instance, in the united states, you would have to track every transaction, require real-id of every player, report to the IRS and the fed every transaction over $10,000. You would also wind up having to to collect assorted different sales taxes in half the states depending on where the seller or the buyer lived in the real world. etc etc etc.

Or, you would spend all your time in court trying to to prove why you didn't have to do those things.

Then of course, you would also personally have to worry about your income tax. If you did well in game, and made say $100,000 you would be required to declare that as income, and pay roughly $30,000 in US income taxes if you lived there. If you lived in another country your tax rate might be higher or lower.

But for sure NQ would be required to report to assorted countries the incomes of every player who lived in those countries.

And then of course, there is the very real possibility of NQ being declared an international bank, and being subject to all sorts of laws about international trade rates and money laundering issues.

That is a very reasonable thought, the working of 2 way money is not different than a function of a bank. The different is that DU give you some leisure enjoy :P