Mentor System

Hacker101

Quite a few mmo games I know of, one of which I play FFXIV (Final Fantasy XIV) has some sort of mentor system where highly experienced players can choose to help out newer players such as answering questions they may have, giving advice, showing them how to do things or where things are located, etc. I was wondering if it'll be good for DU to have something like this

17 minutes ago, Hacker101 said:

Quite a few mmo games I know of, one of which I play FFXIV (Final Fantasy XIV) has some sort of mentor system where highly experienced players can choose to help out newer players such as answering questions they may have, giving advice, showing them how to do things or where things are located, etc. I was wondering if it'll be good for DU to have something like this

It absolutely would be good. 

The learning curve is quite high considering all of the things they plan on doing. 

I have been discussing with other pre-alpha players the possibility of doing something like this for new people during the pre-alpha, in a non-org-based way. Which is to say that I don't think that a player should have to join any specific org to get an introduction into the game, that kind of stuff should come without strings attached. 

By the way, I see you're kind of new here, welcome! You should join us all on Discord ?http://dualuniverse.chat , there's plenty of people there happy to help and happy to talk about the game! 

17 minutes ago, Hacker101 said:

Thats the benefit of joining an org - most  within an org will help you succeed. Everyone wins ;)

10 minutes ago, yamamushi said:

It absolutely would be good. 

The learning curve is quite high considering all of the things they plan on doing. 

I have been discussing with other pre-alpha players the possibility of doing something like this for new people during the pre-alpha, in a non-org-based way. Which is to say that I don't think that a player should have to join any specific org to get an introduction into the game, that kind of stuff should come without strings attached. 

By the way, I see you're kind of new here, welcome! You should join us all on Discord ?http://dualuniverse.chat , there's plenty of people there happy to help and happy to talk about the game! 

Hmm interesting. Relating to what CoreVamore stated I was actually thinking on a "mentor system" being merged with the benefits of joining an org.  However it would also be nice to not force new players to join an org just to find someone to help them out. Also yeah I'm new here. I've been following the game for some time but I've finally decided to create an account seeing as though I may become a pre-alpha tester. But I just thought I should bring this idea up as it poppped into my head.

37 minutes ago, Hacker101 said:

Hmm interesting. Relating to what CoreVamore stated I was actually thinking on a "mentor system" being merged with the benefits of joining an org.  However it would also be nice to not force new players to join an org just to find someone to help them out. Also yeah I'm new here. I've been following the game for some time but I've finally decided to create an account seeing as though I may become a pre-alpha tester. But I just thought I should bring this idea up as it poppped into my head.

One of the first thing new people should learn is that, generally speaking, joining an org will provide greater benefits than going it alone.

Heck, just create a University Org that focuses just on education/help, problem solved ;)