Hello

Greetings everyone, I joined last week on the spur of the moment. Loved the idea behind this game and decided I'd like to support it (didn't we all ;) ). I'd like to find a game to get immersed into, and with the scale and how much players can impact the game world, I have a good feeling about this game, let's hope it becomes as good as we hope it can be.

A bit about myself, gaming has always been my favorite pastime activity. Used to play the violin but not enough hours in the day (or energy in my anymore) to invest in it anymore, work and family are going to take up most of my time, and with the little me time I will be have I enjoy spending it with a good game. 

Been looking for a good game to make a video log of sorts of, for when I'm old so I'd have something to show the grandchildren when the time comes (looong time from now, but I like long term investments). So in the mean time, I'd probably start with some single player games, probably some good RPG (any recommendations?)

See you next time the servers are up!

5 hours ago, Lethys said:

Welcome to the community o7

Maybe someone else is better suited for your question, I'm no single player guy :)

thanks mate, got any MMOs to recommend? anything fun is worth a look at at least

4 hours ago, Haunty said:

Subnautica is a good single player game.

Hmmm didn't actually play it, might be worth giving it a try then, cheers ?

4 hours ago, MasterChiefMK1 said:

You can never go wrong with Mass Effect (except Andromeda, but we don't talk about that)

Already finished them (and uhm... "experienced" Andromeda....yeah...) But thanks for giving giving me ideas, maybe I'll go back and play them sometime :D

5 hours ago, MegaMonkey said:

thanks mate, got any MMOs to recommend? anything fun is worth a look at at least

I only played EVE for the most part - good game If you're willing to put countless hours in it xD

3 hours ago, Lethys said:

I only played EVE for the most part - good game If you're willing to put countless hours in it xD

ah, well I do play eve, about 2 hours a week to put on a skill to train and do one or two lvl3 agent missions lol

The recent / modern Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) and Fallout (3, New Vegas, 4) come to mind.

You can spend countless hours in them and with mods that are relatively easy to install and run, you can customize further and get even more bang for your buck.  For mods for each respective game, check out "Nexusmods". All you need.

There's likely many other good RPGs or games with RPG elements but that's what mostly comes to my mind right now, or rather, that's what I currently would play in that regard. Maybe the upcoming multi-player Fallout is also your cup of tea.

Sadly, Cyberpunk 2077 is still (~2?) years away, but that's what I would play instantly now.

4 hours ago, Warden said:

The recent / modern Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) and Fallout (3, New Vegas, 4) come to mind.

You can spend countless hours in them and with mods that are relatively easy to install and run, you can customize further and get even more bang for your buck.  For mods for each respective game, check out "Nexusmods". All you need.

There's likely many other good RPGs or games with RPG elements but that's what mostly comes to my mind right now, or rather, that's what I currently would play in that regard. Maybe the upcoming multi-player Fallout is also your cup of tea.

Sadly, Cyberpunk 2077 is still (~2?) years away, but that's what I would play instantly now.

I mostly play RPGs for the story, so mods won't do much for me sadly :( (I already played all of the ES games and Fallout 3&4, missed New Vegas, not sure about the story of it? what do you think?)

And yeah Cyberpunk looks amazing, but it's not coming out any time soon... must survive until then :D 

Mods do not necessarily impair or hinder the story, quite the contrary. Many mods add immersion or add to the story as they might add content or mechanics the devs would or could not cover.

Just got to pick the right ones.

As for New Vegas I'll post about it later when I can type on an actual keyboard.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:02 PM, Warden said:

Mods do not necessarily impair or hinder the story, quite the contrary. Many mods add immersion or add to the story as they might add content or mechanics the devs would or could not cover.

Just got to pick the right ones.

As for New Vegas I'll post about it later when I can type on an actual keyboard.

new vegas doesnt work on win 10 very well

On 8/30/2018 at 12:56 PM, Warden said:

Oh, so I thought it was just the mods I used that make it crash a lot.

That might explain a lot, I think ?

yea all i know is it kept crashing on me last time i tried to play it on my pc XDD