Galaxy4D Info

NRS

Hello! I am a tech-demo tester for an upcoming space sim called Galaxy4D.

I have come to Dual Universe's forums to spread the word of this game.

So, Galaxy4D can be somewhat compared to Dual Universe. They are both space games, they are both multiplayer, and they both have building mechanics.

There are many differences, though. For example, I will list the main feature set shown on https://galaxy4d.com/

• Full scale Galaxy with more than 100 billion stars
  • Trillions of realistic size planets you can walk on
  • Immersive first person game with AAA graphics
  • Seamless transitions between surface and orbit
  • No skybox, Everything you see, you can touch
  • Play Solo, with friends or hundreds of people
  • Walk anywhere and interact with everything
  • Real-time orbital physics for EVERYTHING
  • A truly interactive multiplayer open world
  • Build your own habitat, rover, spaceships...
  • Real thermodynamics and space physics
  • Electronics and In-game programming
  • Very complex build/crafting system
  • Navigate without any velocity limit

Please do note that some of these features have not been implemented, such as the building system. After all, the game hasn't even reached pre-alpha status. We have only had two tech demos so far.

Also, there is only one developer of this game. He's making Galaxy4D out of passion, not profit.

Unlike DU, Galaxy4D will be a very, and I mean very challenging game. It won't be for everyone. The game is meant to simulate real life, albeit in space with a whole galaxy to explore.

Also, Galaxy4D will be very realistic, and won't compare to arcade-style space-sims such as No Man's Sky. The planets in Galaxy4D actually orbit around their parent-stars, and they are very, very large planets. They can range from very small to the size of Jupiter, and probably past that.

For example, While participating in the second Tech Demo, I was walking on a very large mountain, approximately half the size of Mt. Everest, and I walked near a ledge, and my heart dropped in real life. That shows the sheer scale of this game.

I have listed below four pictures of the latest tech demo. I would add more, but there is an image limit.

Overall, I believe that this game has a lot of potential.

Check out the game at:

https://galaxy4d.com/portal.php

Check out the development at Galaxy4D's official Trello page:

https://trello.com/b/2BPytpD9/galaxy4d-roadmap

I hope to see all of you at the forums!

Ask any questions below, I will be happy to answer!1535231334_BnjT0X.thumb.jpg.cdfe6185f93753701889a947d5f6c034.jpg1535231320_iMhiug.thumb.jpg.ebaff73cf6180b145bbb5c6317b3b97c.jpg1.thumb.jpg.f5f8f74bad4a63ae8a16ce6381f1d711.jpg1535233940_yHdaMl.thumb.jpg.e772e73dde5294f5da6acd992a613cf9.jpg

43 minutes ago, NRS said:
  • Full scale Galaxy with more than 100 billion stars
  • Trillions of realistic size planets you can walk on

43 minutes ago, NRS said:

Real-time orbital physics for EVERYTHING

44 minutes ago, NRS said:

A truly interactive multiplayer open world

Lol. I always thought the devs of Du are crazy but that's just nonsense imho hahaha

1 hour ago, NRS said:

Also, there is only one developer of this game. He's making Galaxy4D out of passion, not profit.

Just one guy ?

It's either going to take 15 years or else it won't be anything close to what's being promised... ;)

53 minutes ago, NanoDot said:

Just one guy ?

It's either going to take 15 years or else it won't be anything close to what's being promised... ;)

From what I've played, the game is very promising. He already has a few years of development, by the way.

Either way I do understand your skepticism. It is very possible that this game could fail. I just have high hopes and trust in the developer.

Some of these things are possible, and some of them are not.

Having a trillion planets, with each being unique and being generated from a 64-bit string would take 64 trillion bits... would take 8 terabytes just for those strings.

True orbital physics for everything interacting with each other would be 1T+^2 for interactions in between each body (but of course you'd add a max limit)

AAA-graphics made by 1 person is what we call a "no-no" unless you're a graphics artist not making a huge-ass world.

1 hour ago, Kuritho said:

Some of these things are possible, and some of them are not.

Having a trillion planets, with each being unique and being generated from a 64-bit string would take 64 trillion bits... would take 8 terabytes just for those strings.

True orbital physics for everything interacting with each other would be 1T+^2 for interactions in between each body (but of course you'd add a max limit)

AAA-graphics made by 1 person is what we call a "no-no" unless you're a graphics artist not making a huge-ass world.

The developer has requested that I invite you to the official Galaxy4D Discord server so he can explain how these seemingly impossible things have been done. 

https://discord.gg/V4vp3Cm

No hard feelings, I've just seen it first hand and it is indeed possible.

On 8/26/2018 at 6:45 PM, NRS said:

The developer has requested that I invite you to the official Galaxy4D Discord server so he can explain how these seemingly impossible things have been done. 

https://discord.gg/V4vp3Cm

No hard feelings, I've just seen it first hand and it is indeed possible.

Looks interesting, but I think I'll stick to DU

I know that Aircraft Instruments are not accurate indications, they can make errors, but this one is just very un-calibrated. 

If the aircraft is in still air, Ground Speed is 0, the Airspeed should also be 0 no matter which Airspeed we are talking about. The pitot-tube/s will not measure any dynamic pressure because the aircraft is not moving at all, the bellow on the instrument will not compress, so you should get 0 Airspeed. The formula here is definitely wrong.

How the bloody hell can you get 2 m/s (7 Kph) of Ground Speed while your Airspeed is 56 Kph and a Wind Speed of 61 Kph (either a tailwind or headwind)? It's far far off which means the formula is wrong. The Aircraft will not even move but will be swept by the air if the Airspeed is less than the headwind. What realistic physics are you talking about?

And what is Velocity? This is not a car! You already have an Airspeed and Ground Speed indications! (these are things that actually have methods of measurement)

By the way, a Wind Speed has a Direction, if you don't give me a Direction, it is useless to me. 

Atmospheric Pressure is measured by the static port, we use that to calculate Altitude (there is less pressure at higher altitudes). If the Altitude indication is already displayed in the instrument, what use is an Athmospheric Pressure indication is to me?  Nothing! This is something that you can omit, it has no use to the pilot at all. The Wind Speed information is still useful, but with no direction, it's useless. 

VS is Vertical Speed, it should be measured as m/s per time(minute).  It is a rate of climb/descent, not speed of climb/descent. 

That blue and brown thing is an ADI, not a navigation system lol. It has a pitch angle and bank angle index. 

Basic instruments like Compass/HSI is missing. (how will you know where you are heading? That's important!)

I don't think they know the basic of Flight Instruments.

On 8/26/2018 at 11:33 PM, Kuritho said:

Making such many "uniuqe" planets doesn't that much space, No Man Sky has also a whole galaxy...
All you need is a algorithm that procedurally generates those systems and planets and takes in one or more numbers as a seed.

Of course "unique" is here a very empty word here, because the differences won't be noticable in many cases.

I highly doubt that they use a n-body sollution for their physics interaction because that system is simply unstable and therefore not-usable. A 2-body sollution is fine in most cases and if you don't exactly know how orbital bodies behave in the real world you won't notice anything "strange", especialy when there is no time warp (orbits move slightly in reality, which is only visible if you speed up time).

It is also not required to simulate every object against every other object. Gravity is infinite, but at a certain distance it's effectivly 0. So in inter-system scale a whole solar system is just one body.

If your world is proceduraly generated and the content is basically completly player created, then achieving good graphics is not a no-no. You need propper 3D models, yes of course, but for the planets you only need good textures and knowledge about how to create a basic shader (not that hart) and how to implement a distance blend for the texture, to avoid tiling at long distances.

If you use a good game engine (e.g. UE4), then making your game look bad is much more work then to let it look good, because you have so much free materials and content to work with.

Regardless, what they have done is impressive, but making a game based on realism of physics will take a toll on other features. 

What better describes this? A game or a simulator? Based on what I see, it resembles a simulator and not a game. 

The fact is, I am looking for a game, not a simulator. Making physics as realistic as possible will make your product more immersive, but if we are talking about a game, it needs to offer something to do and some kind of progression (even if through player-driven). This is not present here, so I would rather choose Dual Universe. I prefer to have contents and mechanics for player-driven gameplay that do offer rewarding progression system as an MMO-game must have.

It depends on what you are looking for, but what I see here, is a space simulator, not a space game. I am looking for a game. Show me components of gameplay(like resource farming), not realism.