Lua Autopilot/ Chatbot

I was looking into Lua scripting and found using cookies and simple return codes you can create a simple Chatbot using Lua scripting. I know there hasn't been alot that has been explained on Lua scripting. But I was curious if there will ever be a point where you can talk or chat directly to a object that has a Lua script. I know scripting can be done for simple things like opening doors when sensors go off. The idea of a chatty command council would be interesting. Like for example if the pilot could tell the ship to change course and it would do so and reply yes sir. But would still need more complex things like landing on a planet or heading in the direction of a planet. Or let's say the ship has taken damage and you need to know where. If you could set up sensors on the ship to detect where affected areas are that could be a good way to use the chat bot to notify you where the damage exactly is. Of course it could be used for other things as well.

• 2 weeks later...

This can be done without it being specifically implemented in-game. There are programs out there which you can record commands to execute a marco/key-press in-game and have it run Lua in-game.

http://vocola.net/ is a good example of this, although I've never used it myself.

Of course, this will only work for the person who has the specific program setup and configured on the PC,  it wouldn't be a universal thing.

If you can programm it in LUA or into a Webpage. You can probably use it ingame.

Minding that the Devs might disable some stuff or make other things easyer.

LUA is reaaallllyyyy flexible.

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

If input ~= "Hi, my name is George Clooney and I like your buttons" then

print(I'm not interested.)

else

print(Your place or mine?)

end

I made a dating simulator chatbot.

The code is PRETTY long, so click the spoiler above, if you dare to read it.

( "~=" means "unequal")

There is software out  called voice attack that allows you to use voice for keystrokes and HCS https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/ has used it to make some incredible voice packs for elite dangerous  and star citizen I am sure they will make them for DU when it goes live. maybe even before. But anyone can set up voice attack on their own.