Quick question

Kiwiwarrior

First time posting longgg time stalker of this game lol

Just a question now the roadmap is out been thinking for the longest time about this game maybe thinking of getting into alpha 2 as euro to nzd is shit and  alpha 1 a bit to much

One thing I have been thinking is that,are all the servers only based in euro atm meaning if I did buy into alpha 2 would I be getting a ping of between 200 to 300ms ??

Thanks for the info guys, looks like I will be picking it up at the start of next year or middle when ever alpha 2 comes out.. Even if the ping is to high to play on just to support the game.... 

One last question I haven't seen any were but when the full game comes out in 2020  have the said any think about new server locations,  like closer to nz/aus or even Asia 

Just asking because watching this game for all these years looks like the game I have been dreaming of for the longest time. Lol and at lest it has a date for full release looking at you bannerlord lol

Ok then thanks I just hope that don't lock people out of the game that are not in USA or euro land  but I will give it a try before I judge the game...

Just had problems with other games in the past that only had servers in euroland and USA east. USA west playable just lol

The performance needs for the cluster dictate the need for its components to be in the same physical location. No confirmation needed there ;)

A cluster can consists of servers in different global regions sure, but the very nature of how this cluster works and what NQ is trying to accomplish prohibits this pretty much. It will be enough of a challenge to keep servers synced up when in the same rack, it will be near if not completely impossible to do this with servers in different physical locations, let alone different global regions.

So, if NQ wants to maintain a single shard universe, the DU cluster needs to be in the same physical location. What can be possible is to have portals to the cluster be regional where the latency can be minimized and users can log in to the portal and through that to the DU cluster. But that is not the same thing.

Just remember, for the most part ping speed is only really an issue if you are full time PvP - all the time.

However, most of the time you will digging/building/moving/flying etc etc where a slightly longer ping time just doesn't factor into the equation.

Skilling your character up and practising your 'craft' will more than make up for any ping deficiencies. ;)