NOTE: This thread is not negative. This is just for the sharing of info I just learned. Please take your complaints or rants elsewhere, thanks!

In "Terms and Conditions", recently changed.

1. The Video Game is jointly provided to You by NOVAQUARK and XSOLLA acting as licensee of NOVAQUARK.

Also, these terms now apply:

https://xsolla.com/eula

And this privacy policy:

https://xsolla.com/privacypolicy

Is this a bad thing? Not really. Xsolla used to be a partner of Steam, and managed their transactions. They don't anymore, but they still manage Twitch. Seems that Dual Universe was invested into by the subsidiary known as Xsolla Capital. Xsolla has done this with other games in the past. NOVAQUARK still is the main license holder, and XSOLLA is a licensee, so NOVAQUARK still owns the product. Just thought this would be an interesting thing to talk about! Thanks guys!

Yeah, I can see this going places. Whether or not those places are good is another story.

driveoffcliffsign.jpg

As far as I can tell, the only ToS that applies is DU's that I see right below the checkout button. I won't create a new account, but I believe Xsollas binding documents pertain only to the use of their service alone and does not attempt to include itself with DU in any shape or form.

If that were the case, I would have fully expected NQ to have brought this up in the purchasing process. Dropping surprises on potential investors (no matter how small) like this wouldn't be a good look.

Turns out, Xsolla got involved due to the investments of the Xsolla subsidiary known as Xsolla Capital.

https://xsollacapital.com

Read the "How this works?" section. Note from step 4, Xsolla Capital may require the studios to agree to terms before they make an investment. Xsolla Capital could require the studio to do things, whatever this means.

Games that Xsolla Capital has invested in before:

• Life is Feudal: MMO (mentioned in "Portfolio" section on their website)
  • Player's Unknown Battlegrounds (mentioned in "Opportunity" in the "Key Advantages" section on their website)
  • Dual Universe
  • Others that are not listed anywhere. They keep this very quiet

Xsolla has been their payment processor for quite some time. If the Xsolla involvement changed to the point it changed the DU EULA or TOS, under EU law NQ would have had to announce this separately as well as offer those that can't agree to the changes a refund. I trust NQ knows this and would have acted accordingly. 

So, nothing to see here.

14 minutes ago, DarkHorizon said:

at were the case, I would have fully expected NQ to have brought this up in the purchasing process. Dropping surprises on potential investors (no matter how small) like this wouldn't be a good look.

Those purchasing a supporter pack are not investors.

2 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Xsolla has been their payment processor for quite some time. If the Xsolla involvement changed to the point it changed the DU EULA or TOS, under EU law NQ would have had to announce this separately as well as offer those that can't agree to the changes a refund. I trust NQ knows this and would have acted accordingly. 

So, nothing to see here.

It is mentioned in the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy that Xsolla terms apply, and it links to their website. See for yourself.

8 minutes ago, Lockethot said:

. Xsolla Capital could require the studio to do things, whatever this means.

Of course they would expect those they invest in to use their services, such as their payment processor.

Not sure what your angle is but really, nothing to see here.

3 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Indeed! We are classified as consumers. Our rights are explained in the Terms and Conditions of Novaquark, Terms of Service of Xsolla, and the privacy policies of both Novaquark and Xsolla.

BTW, this thread is not meant negatively. This is just something neat I found out. Investors are a requirement for a company to succeed in most cases, so this doesn't surprise me.

If an investor like XSolla sees potential in a product that benefits them in the long run it only makes sense to expect a return. 

They invest in a game with a monthly subscription, payments they will probably be the exclusive processor for. As such they see potential revenue to the point they invest up front.

Makes perfect sense to me.

4 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

So then why state this is 'intentionally kept under the radar' (when it is not)

Why would keeping things from public view be bad? If this was true, you are saying Novaquark shouldn't even have a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

4 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

I could always... ahem... invest my time and money elsewhere. Where would we even be if DU hadn't succeeded in its kickstarter? Would it have gotten its millions in actual investors money if those investors hadn't recognized people were actually interested and willing to spend on a product that wasn't yet tangible to them and ourselves?

Backers, customers, investors, whatever we want to call it. We're all interested in this product and want to see it succeed. That never came about through sitting on the sidelines and just hoping things succeed which is something we all could have done.

It might not line up with the definition of being able to make money in the future, but what does money buy? A lot of things, including entertainment. I backed the game two years ago so I could be entertained later.

You might not see yourself as an investor, but I certainly do, and I won't belabor the point.  -_-

28 minutes ago, DarkHorizon said:

You might not see yourself as an investor, but I certainly do, and I won't belabor the point.  -_-

Technically, your a consumer, not an investor. Investors make investments for economic return. You bought the game for future enjoyment. Slight difference there.

However, both consumers and investors are deserving of respect. There is nothing wrong with being a consumer, as you still have the ability to back out if you are unhappy with how things are going. If Novaquark makes their consumers unhappy, they will suffer for it, so this is the last thing they want to do right now.

Please, however, don't bring this sort of thing to this thread. Don't want negativity here, because that will just turn this thread into an argument and will cause it to inevitably be locked/removed.  I just want to share information, and if this thread is taken down, it will make it harder for me to share. Bring your complaints elsewhere, thanks!

12 minutes ago, Lockethot said:

Technically, your a consumer, not an investor. Investors make investments for economic return. You bought the game for future enjoyment. Slight difference there.

...because that will just turn this thread into an argument

Slight difference, but not much. It all depends on where you get your value from. I've tried explaining that already.

If I was arguing, my choice of words would be, different. I'm just having a civil discussion in a public space. I'm free to do that am I not? All I did was make a passing statement, I never intended to follow up on anything and usually don't unless I feel brought into the discussion.

Anyways, at your request, I will censor myself for the remainder of this thread since you don't want my 'sort of thing'.

2 minutes ago, DarkHorizon said:

Anyways, at your request, I will censor myself for the remainder of this thread since you don't want my 'sort of thing'.

I recommend you make your own thread. My main concern is that this thread will be taken down due to people arguing, and then no one will see this in the future.  Discussing your opinions in a separate post will prevent this sort of thing from happening, while still allowing you to express your concerns in a public setting.

35 minutes ago, DarkHorizon said:

You may see yourself as an investor but you are not. You invest time, energy and yes money into the game Dual Universe but you have no stake or say in anything surrounding Novaquark. Investors do not invest in the product, they invest in the producer. That may mean any number of things for the product but that's how I see it. You bought a license to use the product, which you own no part of, at the time of its release with an added bonus of getting access well before that. That is about as much as you get for what you paid. An investor will provide funding to a producer to create a product from which they expect a return on said investment. As such there will be stipulations, requirements and expectations to be met for that funding to be and remain available.

Your money is gone, it's consumed with no return for you except for a license to run the code that is Dual Universe. If you think, consider yourself to be or state you are an investor in Dual Universe you are fooling yourself.

56 minutes ago, Lockethot said:

Why would keeping things from public view be bad? If this was true, you are saying Novaquark shouldn't even have a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

That is very different .. Apples-Oranges.

You did not say they kept things from public view, you made the statement that it was 'intentionally kept under the radar'  and  no amount of editing your original post will change your initial argument now. It only shows you know you are misrepresenting your intention and/or the facts.

It's fine to have a thought or idea on something, even when it is not correct. But don't try and hide it when you realize you were wrong/

Hey  @blazemonger, can you not post 3 posts in a long chain? Its a bit hard on the eyes. I don't see any rules against this, but I would prefer it if you use the edit function instead.

10 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

It's fine to have a thought or idea on something, even when it is not correct. But don't try and hide it when you realize you were wrong/

My ideas and opinions have nothing to do with this thread. I made this topic purely for the spreading of facts and information. If you view that I am trying to express an opinion in this topic, you are incorrect.

If you want my opinion, it is that Novaquark is making an amazing game and I can't wait to see what it has in store. I will not pre-order, but that is more out of principle than out of dislike for any company in particular. I don't have enough money to spend on this sort of thing.

Honestly, not sure how that works, if possible. I asked a mod as you have a point.

That said, you either made a statement or voice your opinion on what you perceive to be going on. It's fine as we have all been there. I guess everything has been said on this anyway as I remain of the opinion there really is nothing to see here so moving along.. ;)

Hi everyone,

Thread has been cleaned. Removed post that we're of naming and shaming, inflammatory and derailing if topic topic nature.

Remember, in order to keep these forums friendly, keep all drama, personal or otherwise, outside of the forums. 

In other words, whatever happens on Reddit let the Reddit moderators handle it (same for discord) and don't spill it into the official forums. ?

Regards,

Meldrik

Hi there,

To clarify things, here's an official statement from Novaquark:

- Xsolla Capital has not invested in Dual Universe so far.

- Xsolla is just the current payment partner of Novaquark, handling financial transactions related to pledges. Nothing more, nothing less.

In addition, here are some facts:

- Lockethot made a statement without linking to clear, unambiguous sources.

- Even the links he refers to do not prove anything (for example, https://xsollacapital.com/ proves that Xsolla Capital has invested in "Life is Feudal", not "Dual Universe").

- Just to give the whole context: it might be a coincidence but "Lockethot" is one of the two pseudonyms used to start a smearing campaign toward Dual Universe on Reddit and YouTube, posting fake IGN reviews (without - of course - any link to the original source), that has been moderated since then. The current topic being not aggressive, we will give the benefit of the doubt and gives a chance to  "Lockethot", as long as he respects the forum rules.

@Lockethot

While not aggressive, this topic is full of misinformation.

Here is a first warning as spreading misinformation is not accepted. There won't be a second one. 

For the same reason, this topic is going to be locked.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.