Roadmap Features

Ben Fargo

First, I would like to thank Novaquark for preparing the roadmap.  I have been looking forward to seeing it.  The sequence in which the features will be implemented seems very sensible.

I have two questions about the features in the roadmap.

1. Social Features, which mentions grouping, is under Alpha 3 and Player Nations is under Beta.  Does this mean player groups and player nations will be different kinds of entities in the game or will they still both be organizations with some features of organizations introduced later than others?

2. When will the RDMS be introduced?  I did not see it mentioned specifically in the roadmap.  Does this mean it will be implemented gradually as the other features require it?

On 8/8/2018 at 7:42 PM, Ben Fargo said:

1. Social Features, which mentions grouping, is under Alpha 3 and Player Nations is under Beta.  Does this mean player groups and player nations will be different kinds of entities in the game or will they still both be organizations with some features of organizations introduced later than others?

2. When will the RDMS be introduced?  I did not see it mentioned specifically in the roadmap.  Does this mean it will be implemented gradually as the other features require it?

I can only speculate since we're both in the same boat.

I would think that they would be different entities. Player groups, say you have a group of flying buddies that you like to go on looting runs with. You can select that group, see where they all are, blast a message saying you want to go out and smash a convoy, then go do it.

On the other hand maybe it could be used as a filter of sorts for grouping people into... groups! You know a bunch of people who are good at making constructs, add their name to a group and you can easily start up a private group conversation in the game. It could also be a feature of organizations like, for example, you put your organization's industrialists in one group, and miners in another, but then again you wouldn't need to be a part of an organization to do that, it's just another tool of sorts on the players tool belt.

Can't be of much help on the second question here. I don't know about the RDMS system too much beyond the blogs (which I don't know if the old ones were deleted in the move) and dev diary. It could be staggered as you suggest or even added after release. Then again, maybe they forgot to add it in.

RDMS seems like something they will be continuously improving on after Alpha 2, as it seems necessary for the socialization features they are planning for Alpha 3.

I also can't imagine we could possibly have player nations in Beta without it.