Question to NQ: server up time

Osyraa

Hi, I was wondering if I could hear from NQ staff their thoughts on when the server could have a significant amount more of up time in the context of the road map recently released. I realize exact times aren't known, but hearing the team's thoughts would be really nice. 

If this was already asked, I apologize and ask to be directed to the relevant post!

Thank you for your time!

Giving a concrete estimate on server uptimes further out into the future leads me to two possible answers.

Either it's like predicting the weather. You can look at the future and guess what might happen based on the data gathered from the past.

Or it's the lottery and you never know what the outcome might be and everything is to chance.

Things can be stable for months and weekend tests can go off without a hitch, so much that the dev team can go home for the weekend and find the test still running fine when they return on Monday. Then the introduction of a new feature throws everything into a tailspin and you're back down to three hours a week and occasionally restarting the server mid-test because something went bonkers.

3 hours ago, DarkHorizon said:

Giving a concrete estimate on server uptimes further out into the future leads me to two possible answers.

Either it's like predicting the weather. You can look at the future and guess what might happen based on the data gathered from the past.

Or it's the lottery and you never know what the outcome might be and everything is to chance.

Things can be stable for months and weekend tests can go off without a hitch, so much that the dev team can go home for the weekend and find the test still running fine when they return on Monday. Then the introduction of a new feature throws everything into a tailspin and you're back down to three hours a week and occasionally restarting the server mid-test because something went bonkers.

It doesn't have to come with ironclad guarantees and be written in stone, lol

It would just be nice to get some idea of what NQ's plans are at the moment with regards to extending test times, and what they're considering for the different alpha stages...