Upgrade Silver Founder

AzazelWho

@Mod-Merwyn Thanks for that link. I heard some news recently that drew back to check this place out. I noticed the crowdfunding webpage changed a lot and didn't know how my silver founder package played into things. Good to know that the devs are giving us more for backing early! Also glad to see Dual Universe blew up in popularity and funding! Badass.

I guess Novaquark doesn't want any more of my money, since my Bronze Founder Pack not only isn't eligible for any rewards, but also, as everyone, I have to pay full price for any of the Supporter Packs. That's like punishing me for pledging "too little" at the start. So be it. Packs are ridiculously expensive anyways. 

6 hours ago, Ghoster said:

I guess Novaquark doesn't want any more of my money, since my Bronze Founder Pack not only isn't eligible for any rewards, but also, as everyone, I have to pay full price for any of the Supporter Packs. That's like punishing me for pledging "too little" at the start. So be it. Packs are ridiculously expensive anyways. 

No rewards? You're getting Alpha and Beta access for free! isn't that enough?
access_chart.jpg__900x553_q85_subsampling-2.jpg

I understand that you are frustrated cuz the missing upgrade function (I want that DU-T-Shirt xD). But the upgrade function will be added later - just wait a bit longer :)

For extra info

I was in the same position. Silver founder. 

By upgrading to patron I paid full price however I get all patron rewards plus all original silver backer rewards.

Cost is more than covered in DAC's

Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 8:31 PM, UnderhandAerial said:

No rewards? You're getting Alpha and Beta access for free! isn't that enough?
access_chart.jpg__900x553_q85_subsampling-2.jpg

I understand that you are frustrated cuz the missing upgrade function (I want that DU-T-Shirt xD). But the upgrade function will be added later - just wait a bit longer :)

Appreciate your response - I didn't even realize I'm eligible for Alpha 3. What I certainly do not like is the fact that, I cannot upgrade my Bronze Pack to anything. That's kinda punitive imho. I would gladly throw some additional money, but by upgrading my existing pledge, as packs are reeeaaaaally expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Anopheles said:

I've forgotten but am I a silver Kickstarter or a silver founder?  I it says upgrade silver founder but I don't know if that's the start or end point.

You should be able to tell if you're a kickstarter pledger if you log into Kickstarter and look on the DU page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg

@Ghoster Let's say you "Upgrade" by buying a CONTRIBUTOR PACK. You may not get any discounts but you get:

• Alpha 2 access (instead of Alpha 3)
  • 1 Beta key
  • 7 DACs (instead of only 4 from Bronze Founder)
  • Bronze Arkship Passenger Outfit
  • Pet Lvl 1
  • 1 Resurrection Nodes
  • 1 In-game title
  • 3 Extra Character customization
  • 1 (Digital) Original Soundtrack (This is the only "Item" you already have)
  • 1 Forum title (I'm not sure if this is additional to the one you already have)
  • 1 Content Creator Pack
  • 1 Name in the credits (Here I'm also not sure if you will be mentioned twice)

You will pay 60€ for the pack in addition to the 30€ for your founder pack: All together 90€
So you get almost only stuff, that you won't get otherwise. 
I see that you may say you won't spend 60€ but in my opinion this deal isn't unfair.

Let's say there would be a real Upgrade option, then you may pay less, but also probably get only 3 or 4 DACs.
So the "discount" would be the DACs you'd get less and it would be almost the same as it is now. 

It's may be a disadvantage if you would get a Patreon Pack to be able to play right now, especially for Silver Founders, but even there you got almost the same as people who aren't a founder and get the DACs from your founder pack on top.
You may have paid more to get into the Pre-Alpha but you also get more stuff back.
It may not be the best solution, but in my opinion it is a fair system and I think other people would be unhappy with another solutuion because they would not get what they want.

On 8/19/2018 at 7:28 AM, Ghoster said:

On 8/20/2018 at 3:25 PM, Zorodek said:

I was in the same position. Silver founder. 

By upgrading to patron I paid full price however I get all patron rewards plus all original silver backer rewards.

Cost is more than covered in DAC's

On 9/4/2018 at 3:34 PM, Ghoster said:

What I certainly do not like is the fact that, I cannot upgrade my Bronze Pack to anything.

Glad I backed ruby during the post kickstarter round, this all sounds like a hot mess. o_o

I upgraded from Bronze kickstarter to Patron and paid the 180$ USD but outside of all the stuff there is the 12 months of subscription included and that is basically from 100-150$ USD value right there.  I believe most stuff is at the 15 bucks a month price point for a sub so paying really an extra 30ish bucks for all that extra stuff is a deal.   I would buy in now as later on this stuff will most likely get alot more expensive.   Plus to be honest I am looking forward to the game so the 200ish $ I spent so far is a good deal to support the devs and game.