KesGarren

One of the biggest weaknesses I've seen with games like No Man's Sky and Elite Dangerous is that their content is entirely reliant on the developers.  Beyond story quests there isn't much to do in those games.  As such, I believe that to make a truly great space sandbox, the game must give players the ability to create their own content and be able to easily share it with everyone, which Dual Universe seems to be aiming to do.

With that said, does anyone have details on what kind of features there will be regarding creating your own quests for other players?  With a robust quest creation system, players could send other players out to get materials for them, hire assassins to take out other players, organize heists, or even make up entire backstories to go with a collection of quests.  The potential here would be enormous.

There going to be scarce content provided by the devs besides new tools and elements and stuff everything else is player made so any quest will come from them not say they won’t add more solar systems and planets and stuff

22 hours ago, KesGarren said:

With a robust quest creation system, players could send other players out to get materials for them, hire assassins to take out other players, organize heists, or even make up entire backstories to go with a collection of quests.  The potential here would be enormous.

You don't need a dedicated questing system (which needs time to develop, costs money, isn't (yet?) an idea NQ might add to the trello) because you can do that with contracts "already" (once contracting is implemented). Set up a contract for ppl to kill Player x, awox/scam/spai in org x, get amount x of resource y for you and so on.

You can ofc create mazes, relic hunts or other things like games/slot Machines (as seen in the dev diary videos) for other players. 

Just make sure that ppl can't abuse your systems or that they destroy your hard work.

So imho there's really No need for such a dedicated questing system until we see how it all works out

That makes sense.  I am a software developer irl so I understand the resource commitments that come with adding features to applications.  The contracting does sound pretty close to what I described with the quests.  I'm a big supporter of modding and user created content, so I believe the devs definitely have the right mindset.  Can't help but be psyched for this game!