Little Poll about your intention to begin DU

Nebenfigur

All questions refer to the beginning of DU (first week?) till you are familiar with the gameplay  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How did you play other games at the beginning?

• I usually play alone (or with a friend)
    • I find myself a group first
  2. 2. How do you intend to play DU at the beginning?

• I will explore the game alone (or with a friend)
    • I find myself a group first
  3. 3. How do you think other people will begin DU?

• Most people will play alone
    • Most people will find themself a group first

Those are some interesting numbers.  Can’t wait to see how it turns out.  

Maximum group size I play with is like 5-10 on at once.  We will see if that changes with DU, but I doubt it.

51 minutes ago, Kuritho said:

So much xenophobia from those polls.

At the risk of sounding like a Care Bear or a Hello Kitty person, together is better. How else are you supposed to get galactic dominance?

I just found it interesting that “I play alone (or with a few friends), but I assume others will play as groups” is the (barely) dominant mentality.  Disregarding the dominance, it is a lot higher than I thought it would be.  I think it IS important to note that solo play was pitched as being viable from the very beginning.  I think some people forget that it was literally on the original Kickstarter page.  And thus they assume everyone else will all be grouping up with big bad organizations as well.  Small sample size so far, but I'm curious to see where it goes.

Just like any game, being in a group can help a player bypass “the grind” to getting on their feet.  Or give you some backup if you overstep on someone’s toes.  But it’s not necessary.  Play how you want, not because someone wants you to dominate the universe with them :rolleyes:

So while most people have said they will play alone at the beginning, they believe that most other people will play in groups.

Interesting, it seems that people are pessimistic about their own solo situations. The appearance is that most people are in groups, it could be that the exact opposite is true. 

My view is that we will see more organic group play situations unfold, where solo players naturally socialize and start to work together over time eventually becoming groups of their own.

I imagine I'll meet people in the game along the way and make some friends that way. There will be plenty of opportunity to at least. 

I'm thinking when the game get's close to release, I'll bring it up on a small online forum I'm active one, and hopefully get a few people willing to try the game out, in a small group.

I just don't see myself joining a large group, though, unless it's something like my small group acting as more of a corporation, and allying with a larger group for protection. Would something like that be possible?

2 hours ago, Vonboy said:

I'm thinking when the game get's close to release, I'll bring it up on a small online forum I'm active one, and hopefully get a few people willing to try the game out, in a small group.

I just don't see myself joining a large group, though, unless it's something like my small group acting as more of a corporation, and allying with a larger group for protection. Would something like that be possible?

I think that’s more than viable.  So many people think large groups are necessary in this game, but I honestly don’t think that’s the case.  Working with groups will speed up the process, but that’s the same in every other game.  Skill levels can’t be influenced by groups, so there’s no true requirement of being in a large power hungry group to be on par with a shiny org member.