Faucets and sinks

Distinct Mint

I can see how currency will leave the in-game economy (through tax on market listings and sales), and it will move between players through such sales and payment for other services, but what are the faucets for currency coming into the game? There are no missions (as far as I am aware) to generate new currency. Or is it all IRL cash conversions (in which case every currency unit is very valuable)?

9 hours ago, Mod-Merwyn said:

Hi @DistinctMint and welcome,

You may also be interested in the following related topics:

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/13860-markets/

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/11224-the-economy/

PS: I've also approved your post ;).

~ Merwyn

Hi Merwyn,

Many thanks - especially as much of the questions I had are discussed in the second link you gave! :-) 

Though it is a year old now, so maybe things have moved on a little by now.

Thanks again,

DistinctMint

Reading through the other threats on this topic, it seems that the only currently planned ways of getting more currency into the system is the arrival of new players(!), and selling materials to vendor bots. I'm not sure if this is viable for an in game economy (i.e. solely mining driven), so can we expect any other faucets? EVE Online has missions, but I don't feel that DU wants (or should) go in that direction.

The bot traders are there to kickstart the economy once the game goes live. They will be removed.

While I would agree PVE content would feed the rest of the game potentially as it does in EVE, whether the vision NQ has on this will be viable we will know once the game gets going. I certainly would be willing to see what happens. NQ has said they will not provide PVE content but not that that position is written in stone 

20 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

NQ has said they will not provide PVE content but not that that position is written in stone 

If NQ's plans change in that regard, it will have to take into account the extra development time of designing, coding and testing the PVE content. None of that is currently being budgeted for AFAIK. It would not be a trivial exercise, unless they add something simple like "fetch and deliver" missions that don't require combat.

The beta phase will probably be the first test of the "mineable ore buying scheme" that currently is planned as the sole cash faucet in DU.