Hello there

Hello there, I call myself Excavy. My name is basically a made up word, much like other online names. it specially suits me however, due to the parts "ex" and "cavy" meaning "former prisoner" when simplified. I don't let rules make me their prisoner, and I certainly don't take any prisoners either. This game seems like a fitting place for me.

I've been looking for a game like this for a while now. I've played games such as World of Warcraft and EVE Online, but they never gave me the feeling of accomplishment I was looking for. I got in too late, with everybody already ahead of me. Being a competitive person, this restricted me from fully enjoying the MMORPGs I played. This game seems like the perfect place to finally make my mark and accomplish something I can be proud of.

Like I said, I'm a very competitive person. This got me into competitive FPS games early on. I have over 2,100 hours played on Counter Strike: Global Offensive and over 1,300 hours played on Overwatch. Unlike MMORPGs, they felt like you could jump in, and no matter how behind you were, you could always learn and become the best. I always had a goal in mind that I knew would reward me. That is the other reason I am drawn to this game. Not only is it an opportunity to be in a game with a head start, but the game's chaotic nature allows for there to always be a chance to get on top. And with the vast economical and political landscape, your options are never limited to simply grinding. It makes something that I hope will be a freeing and fun experience.

Now, I've been in the "No Man's Sky hypetrain" situation many times before. Hell, I even pre-ordered No Man's Sky for the same reasons I appreciate this game. Unfortunately, it turned from a vast MMORPG into a half-decent survival game. But, I've been watching this game for 2 years now. I hesitated for a long time on this game, thinking, "it probably isn't the best idea to spend a pretty penny on just another space MMORPG project." Everybody was doing the same thing. But unlike the others, this game has yet to even come out of Pre-Alpha. This to me shows that its goals are not to profit, but rather to actually try to make their vision into reality. I still can't be sure how successful the game will be once it fully launches, but I've waited long enough to get on the ride. Now is when I join the rest of you.

I'd be glad to talk with anyone here. This is somewhat a new experience for me, and it doesn't hurt to get to know people. Just don't be to quick to trust me, because I'm not a prisoner to any rules ;)      

Welcome.

You can always make a difference in MMOs such as Eve or Du even If you're late to the party. A newbro with low skills can do much and will have fun in Eve. Same in Du. You don't need to be a bittervet with maxxed skills to enjoy the ride