Hello Folks!

Well new here, been watching the game from a distance (YouTube) and hoping it'll be the game I've been looking for. I wish I had more to go by but with the NDA (understandable) I can't do $180 to get into the weekly test.  I can see myself getting into the Alpha 1 phase and hoping it's coming very soon.  I've been dying for an open world space game but all the current ones are failing in one part or another whereas DU seems to be the one that'll have everything I've ever wanted.  I've played the following:

EVE:   Too complex and I don't care for the "spreadsheet in space" style though it has the MMO aspect of things I want with factions, one universe, etc.

NMS: Just not enough for me, more of a nice SP Space game with COOP possibilities now

SE:  I'm not the building type and unfortunately even with the new MP update the game strains too much to really have anything but a very LIMITED MP experience w/ empty planets

SC:   Well, it seems to offer everything I would want but........we all know what's currently going on over there.

EGS:   So far my current favorite only because I can fly ships OTHERS have built, it has a star system, it has the most people for MP that's playable and not spreadsheets. It also has space legs and          planetary exploration, and factions (well limited since the max player count is 200). It also has PvP and PvE, though only problem...it's also limited player wise and it does currently strain in any                decent size combat  (anything over 4-5 ships fighting and the lag is bad)

So here I am eagerly awaiting DU because it seems that it'll be coming with the right mix of things!

42 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Hmmm..... Imho DU will be equally, If Not way more complex than EVE

Anyway, Welcome and hf

It probably will but not with spreadsheets, pointing/clicking everything, and TPO (should have clarified better)....I don't mind deep/complex but I don't care for the spreadsheet stuff.  For me DU gives me what I want with FPP, Space Legs, and I don't have to be a permanent pilot with most of my adventure happening from a ship/menus so I'll embrace however complex it is whereas EVE can't reward me with the things I want.

4 hours ago, STEALTH7 said:

It probably will but not with spreadsheets, pointing/clicking everything, and TPO (should have clarified better)....I don't mind deep/complex but I don't care for the spreadsheet stuff.  For me DU gives me what I want with FPP, Space Legs, and I don't have to be a permanent pilot with most of my adventure happening from a ship/menus so I'll embrace however complex it is whereas EVE can't reward me with the things I want.

Pretty sure spreadsheets will still be needed for those doing industry. There is no other way to work out what a person should sell a ship at when it is composed of tens/hundreds of different parts that vary in cost on a daily/houry basis. Unless DU has functionality like that built in I think spreadsheets will be a thing in DU.

And if you dont have access to MS Office there are programs like free open source programs like Open Office that can do the job.

Cheers

Not concerned with spreadsheets for certain functions but there's a reason EVE is called "Spreadsheets In Space"

The videos I've seen so far do not give me an EVE vibe outside of it being a single universe so I'll be fine.

It's not even my main problem with EVE but I definitely conveyed my thoughts on that game incorrectly hidden the responses.

26 minutes ago, STEALTH7 said:

Not concerned with spreadsheets for certain functions but there's a reason EVE is called "Spreadsheets In Space"

The videos I've seen so far do not give me an EVE vibe outside of it being a single universe so I'll be fine.

It's not even my main problem with EVE but I definitely conveyed my thoughts on that game incorrectly hidden the responses.

So true, DU will be soooooo much more. Cant wait to build my first vehicle :)

(knowing my luck it will fall from the sky like a rock lol)

Well...I just couldn't hold it anymore; I had to jump on board this game right now!  I'm having high hopes that it'll have the right mix of things that the other space games have failed to have in one aspect or another!  Can't wait to participate in the next test session!