Solar Panels

Melkor Morgoth

6 minutes ago, Melkor_Morgoth said:

Would the implementation of solar panels be possible if not already done? Ones that you can place of ships/stations?

SirJohn85: Is there an alternative energy, as example, with solar planned?
NQ-Sophon: Solar panels will be there at some point, it’s related to the question of energy (electric energy). Coming later during development

https://dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/02/08/in-game-ama-feb-3rd-2018-transcription/

Very important question is: where do we get energy from. Currently engery = fuel. But a solar panel will not create fuel. Refineries will create fuel out of some input material.

So yes Solar panels - esp. for Dyson Sphere :) However also: different engines based on pure energy not on fuel.

19 minutes ago, SerErris said:

Very important question is: where do we get energy from. Currently engery = fuel. But a solar panel will not create fuel. Refineries will create fuel out of some input material.

So yes Solar panels - esp. for Dyson Sphere :) However also: different engines based on pure energy not on fuel.

In the AMA (which Lethys quoted above), NQ stated that electricity will be a feature to be added later.

That would imply that solar panels, generators and reactors could also be on the dev list, because you'd need some way of generating that electricity.

yes generating. But I also looked into the consumption. And I specifically do not limit it to computers and other stuff eating up electric energy, but also star ship drives working based on energy (e.g. ion drives or hyper modern black hole drives :-) ).

11 hours ago, SerErris said:

yes generating. But I also looked into the consumption. And I specifically do not limit it to computers and other stuff eating up electric energy, but also star ship drives working based on energy (e.g. ion drives or hyper modern black hole drives :-) ).

AFAIK fuel will be a mined resource.