Any good free MMORPG?

bedeidz

Hello. 

I do not have much money to upgrade my pc after it burns so I am looking for some cheap or free MMORPG to play. Can anybody play in Blade and Soul or Albion? Can we recommend me something? 

Before I play in ESO and I even sometimes buy eso gold and this is very important for me - the game with an active community. 

Everquest Project 1999 was my go-to free MMO, but arguably it's not for everyone considering the graphics and difficulty curve.

No man's sky is getting a major multiplayer update next week.

I've been eyeing Gran Skrea Online, it's $10 on steam right now with no subscription fee, I will probably be playing a lot of that this weekend.

2 hours ago, yamamushi said:

This is *far* from cheap

Normally if it was just a free MMO I would recomend planetside 2, but sadly don't have any stuff for MMORPGs

On 19/7/2018 at 9:49 PM, Evil_Porcupine said:

Normally if it was just a free MMO I would recomend planetside 2,

Agree, mostly when it comes to ground fight. The intensity and the size of battles is epic. If DU somehow get near to that point, we'll see great action, considering however that life in DU is something to really take care, not having the oportunity of reborn uncountless times as if nothing had happenned.

On 7/19/2018 at 12:43 PM, yamamushi said:

Everquest Project 1999 was my go-to free MMO, but arguably it's not for everyone considering the graphics and difficulty curve.

I've been eyeing Gran Skrea Online, it's $10 on steam right now with no subscription fee, I will probably be playing a lot of that this weekend.

So are you playing it

On 19.7.2018 at 1:32 PM, bedeidz said:

Hello. 

I do not have much money to upgrade my pc after it burns so I am looking for some cheap or free MMORPG to play. Can anybody play in Blade and Soul or Albion? Can we recommend me something? 

Both games you mentioned are really not fun, if you like balanced playstyles.

And non-pay-to-win.

Sadly there's no good and free mmorpg to play out there.

Arguebly some older games still run strong, which went free to play without supreme pay to win shit.

But the mmorpg market is quite ... dry.

It's either WoW Clones, WoW clones with pay to win, Super Grindy and Pay to Win or Unbalanced as hec + unfun.

A few good mmropgs that COULD be good ones they realese would be:

- Fractured (Free to play, with premium stuff to ease your life. Like an npc that automatically pays and works your house. So it doesn't decay when you go on a long holiday trip of a month or so.)

- Ahses of Creation (Sub, probably)

- Crowfall (going to be free to play, with a premium option that isn't pay to win)

And naturally Dual :3.

IMO the best option to look at for a free MMORPG I'd say EVE online which is free to play as an 'alpha' which offer more than enough of a challenge to both enjoy yourself and work towards paying for a subscription in game if you choose to (you won't need to for months really). Use my referral link to get 250.000 skill points (and use them wisely!).. Frankly does not really benefit me that much but it's good for a new player to use! Watch streamers, ask questions and you'll be on your way.. 

https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=86f67642-4a71-49fd-a3ab-b97448ae4315 

Another option not too expensive and close to DU would IMO be Space Engineers. The recent multiplayer patch is quite good and while not a MMO, there is certainly a lot of fun to be had with a group of 16-32 players on a server.

Empyrion Galactic Survival, good game. You mentioned space engineers, and this game is just the same, private servers with maybe 200 or so players on them. Only problem is that many of these servers have PTW shops and stuff, but you can easily play on ones that don't. Its an all around fun game, in alpha but they are updating it constantly. Heck, last update they added planets that are 2048 km^2! and there can be 100s of these on a single server. This means that there is a ton of places to explore, but also, its really easy to hide from people since there are not many sensor systems in the game (yet).

• 5 weeks later...

If you are looking for new releases, nothing so far is available now and nothing so far will be available soon. We are currently in a drought in terms of new MMORPGs.

Ascent Infinite Realm will probably be the soonest to come out next, but it will be available at 2019.

Maplestory 2 is not worth it (not your time and not your money).  I played both the CBT1 and CBT2 of Maplestory 2 and I can tell you that that game is nothing but a cash-grab piece of ****. Stay away from it. It is Pay-to-Win as well. Nexon is a terrible greedy and corrupt company, you wouldn't believe what they just did to me. They ghost-banned me and IP-banned me just to silence my opinion about this game. You will see no negative review about their game because they are doing censorship. Their game is not even alright, it's really bad. Maplestory 2 is just a Cash Grab that delivers really nothing! (not even a working gameplay)

Bless Online is another cash-grab piece of ****. The problem is Neowiz do not know how to develop a game. Every decisions they make from game-design and updates, are just retarded. The result of this is a $60M+ game that is nothing but a piece of crap. Forget the upcoming Bless Unleashed for the Xbox One, it will have the same(or something similar) garbage combo-based combat that we just got for the Steam version. There is no 5th-chance if the combat will remain to be or resemble the same garbage. They need to remove that combo-based system, but based on the news, they are gonna keep it. 

Bless Online is a dead game right now, 4 servers, 1000 peak players online, 600 concurrent users, and only 3 months have elapsed so far. It is dying so quick! Not only is the game bad, the developer is very incompetent. 

I tried both Bless Online and Maplestory 2 since I needed to play something for the moment, and both of them are just really really bad. My advice is stay away from them, they are nothing but piece of ****!