Kill reports

I hope not. Kill boards advertise that the game is all about killing. If there are kill boards then there should also be "best build" boards, exploration boards, manufacturer boards, and mining boards.

DU is not EVE. It should being DUing it's own thing, not making an EVE 2.0.

I’m referring to just an in game report about the nature of some property being destroyed.  Like automatic in game police report.  I’m not saying that there should be a central database accessible to all players.  

It's confirmed Territory Units going to have an automated  "being attacked" message. But I expect same is possible with ships/structures and scrips. Sending this message from one terminal to another (for example a police station) should be possible. How the report looks like is up to you and the possibilities of the scrip.

12 hours ago, Nebenfigur said:

It's confirmed Territory Units going to have an automated  "being attacked" message.

The only thing confirmed is an email you get (not stated WHO gets it....the org, the person who Set it Up, the legates,...)

• 2 months later...

there should be a kill board if something gets destroyed. so if someone builds the death star or the pegasus. then loses it. the only way you will know is via a players story or "youtube". other then that you can just say ya i destroyed this guys freighter that had like a ton of stuff on it. it made me so rich i cant show you how much money it was worth/i got because i lost it when i was coming back to my base.

or at least a loss board that says this person just lost this much value of stuff to this person. so some one can prove it and not just rely on a story they tell and hope you believe them. but that is if DU does pvp where you lose everything when you die.

17 hours ago, Nosman123 said:

there should be a kill board if something gets destroyed. so if someone builds the death star or the pegasus. then loses it. the only way you will know is via a players story or "youtube". other then that you can just say ya i destroyed this guys freighter that had like a ton of stuff on it. it made me so rich i cant show you how much money it was worth/i got because i lost it when i was coming back to my base.

or at least a loss board that says this person just lost this much value of stuff to this person. so some one can prove it and not just rely on a story they tell and hope you believe them. but that is if DU does pvp where you lose everything when you die.

"Past performance doesn't guarantee future performance"

Wouldnt worry me. If someone came and wanted to defend then let them defend/patrol. If they are good at it then there will be loot to see, if not then so be it. I always prefer enthusiasm, and people doing what they say they will do, over skill level and/or past performance, as those things come in time.

Could there be spies, sure, but they will get in no matter how much you may screen applicants, just assume they are there and structure your org on that premise.

Anyway, thats my measly 2c  ;)

19 hours ago, Vulcore said:

If i am killed I would like as much info as possible: How, when, what or who killed me ... In That I can avoid it in the future :) 

I'm pretty sure you will be able to look up the details of your own death, just that nobody else will be able to get those same details and then make a website out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope we can get some damage reports after fights, that are really basic.

But if you don't  make it yourself in LUA i doubt it. As it does nothing extra worthwhile for the game atm and takes up development time.

+ Everyone can make their own kill info statistics with LUA.

Just get the info from the enemy ship, while you shot it to an pulp. And print it out afterwards in neat info hashes. Atleast i hope that will be possible later on with LUA :3. As i want to see the enemys status on my deck.

• 5 months later...

I really hope there will not be any kill report like XXX killed XXX with X weapon like we see in FPS it would just encourage people to pvp... or just for close peoples like if you're fighting with your team against an other one you can see who got the kill or wich ship just blew up near you . Maybe a personal killboard would be great but not a public one .

It would be very good to see an in game "media" reporting not every kill but big conflict between corporation, stolen bases, big new station finished, station destroyed, dangerous zones, fresh new discovered planets and  big markets movements due to mining or something maybe even ads for corps or ship templates ^^ i think it would be very helpfull for new (still lonely) players like you turn on a screen and that tell you dont go there, go check there, buy this thing and check this corporation if you're into being miner/buisnessman/pirate/military

And i do agree for damage report during fights .

• 4 weeks later...

Killboard is a great thing. But it's a bit hard to imagine how to create one for DU, because most of the vehicles would be more or less unique, they don't have standard fit slots, etc. Building a report, that provides all the info about killed structure/vehicle is also not the best decision, as it's hard to implement and may reveal some secrects about inner structure. A simple list of "who killed who" doesn't make much sense also.

On 4/2/2019 at 1:05 PM, Aaron Cain said:

add a glorification Kill board and the answer is No.

Estimated survive-ability of the game when this happens: 0%

Glorification of pvp would always be present despite KB existence - youtube, twitch, reddit and other popular services would be full of videos and threads about "how cool it was to kill someone". KB just provide a metric comparison for kills. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am completely okay with a private notification of someone destroying my shit. Wouldn't even have to say who exactly and should definitely not announce it publicly who got killed by who