Kickstarter Sep. 7th (Wednesday)

Cybrex

Do you think it's likely that at some backer level they will offer game time for the full release because I was thinking about what NQ could offer as pledge rewards and but I could only come up with early access and GTC, without it interfering with the game to heavily, due to how they want the game to play. 

Do you think it's likely that at some backer level they will offer game time for the full release because I was thinking about what NQ could offer as pledge rewards and but I could only come up with early access and GTC, without it interfering with the game to heavily, due to how they want the game to play. 

There could certainly be some physical goodies (T-shirts, 3d models, posters, mugs maybe) as well as perhaps in-game exclusives (skins, cosmetics, an alpha backer/supporter tag).

I request that all my donations go towards @NQ-Nyzaltar paycheck for actually answering my dozen multi-part questions (Thank you).

TBH I am a bit worried after the Planet Nomad kickstarter having so few backers, and people might currently be a little bit turned off from space games because of the No Man's Sky backlash (IGN constantly comparing the two certainly doesn't help). I will make my pledge, but I hope they have a plan B, or at least an early access strategy as a low bar minimum goal in case they wont get enough for the full development cycle.

I request that all my donations go towards @NQ-Nyzaltar paycheck for actually answering my dozen multi-part questions (Thank you).

TBH I am a bit worried after the Planet Nomad kickstarter having so few backers, and people might currently be a little bit turned off from space games because of the No Man's Sky backlash (IGN constantly comparing the two certainly doesn't help). I will make my pledge, but I hope they have a plan B, or at least an early access strategy as a low bar minimum goal in case they wont get enough for the full development cycle.

I feel that people could be turned off for space games or now actually want an epic one. But your right it is very annoying seeing the DU news being compared to NMS, but maybe by official release the anger will be at least abated somewhat.  

I feel that people could be turned off for space games or now actually want an epic one. But your right it is very annoying seeing the DU news being compared to NMS, but maybe by official release the anger will be at least abated somewhat.  

What are the chances it would be abated by Wednesday? 

I can think of a few perks.

• Special styled space suit. 
  • Up graded nanopack or nanoformer.
  • An art folder, some of the pictures in a bound form. 
  • Tee-shirts. 
  • Some starting currency. 
  • Seeds for the starting crops. So your trade terminal is the go to place in game for seeds. [would fit the lore. ]
  • Blue prints for some things beyond the base 10 or 15 elements. Others have to find them in world or buy them from you. 
  • A cool gun blueprint. 
  • Your name on a make and model of element. As the corp name or the inventor. 
  • An artefact that creates a small shielded area but can't be placed with in 6 km of the ark zone edge. 
  • A key component for a stargate so your corp gets a head start on knowing what to make. 

​Introducing things into the game world via the players fits the lore. Not pay to win because we are all starting out with very little. The playtesters will end up with much more than most anyway but I would assume a starting wipe of the planet and the builds. 

What about 3D print tokens? You could use them on creations you later make in-game to have a 3D model printed and sent to you. It could also help with the marketing by showing the creative emphasis.

What about 3D print tokens? You could use them on any creation you make to have a 3d model printed and sent to you.

I can think of a few perks.

• Special styled space suit. 
  • Up graded nanopack or nanoformer.
  • An art folder, some of the pictures in a bound form. 
  • Tee-shirts. 
  • Some starting currency. 
  • Seeds for the starting crops. So your trade terminal is the go to place in game for seeds. [would fit the lore. ]
  • Blue prints for some things beyond the base 10 or 15 elements. Others have to find them in world or buy them from you. 
  • A cool gun blueprint. 
  • Your name on a make and model of element. As the corp name or the inventor. 
  • An artefact that creates a small shielded area but can't be placed with in 6 km of the ark zone edge. 
  • A key component for a stargate so your corp gets a head start on knowing what to make. 

​Introducing things into the game world via the players fits the lore. Not pay to win because we are all starting out with very little. The playtesters will end up with much more than most anyway but I would assume a starting wipe of the planet and the builds. 

a few others could be,

Naming one of the other starting planets or moons.

Naming a close by system.

Naming some of the animals.

A special tag or title for all your characters.

Your name included in the lore story.

Having you help pick additional names in the lore story.

none of those would be game breaking obviously, but a lot of other kickstarters use them and they are quite successful.  

a few others could be,

Naming one of the other starting planets or moons.

Naming a close by system.

Naming some of the animals.

A special tag or title for all your characters.

Your name included in the lore story.

Having you help pick additional names in the lore story.

none of those would be game breaking obviously, but a lot of other kickstarters use them and they are quite successful.  

Why would you ask for a griefer magnet on your name?

"Oh look, a Kicstarter guy with a fancy ship, you know, we would grief the newbie over there, but our 300 ship blob will now gank THAT guy with the title, just so to piss his Kickstarter pride off".

Titles and the such, are pointless. We can ask for our organisation's Rank to be shown in the title, that way it carries more weight along with the organisation you represent.

Having "I backed the game" title only shows to people you believe you are entitled of respect in my opinion and the aforementioned titl-in-organisation showing, will outweight your Kickstarter title by far if the organisation is powerful.

I want to back the game and I only ask for something more pulpable than hollow titles and part in a lore I didn't take part in (AKA, stories emerging from blowing up buildings in the game :V ) . 

I want a functional game that can last me for years worth of playing it. And maybe a spiffy duster coat with the NQ logo on the back. Just for that bragging right in me to be satisfied.

I am certainly hoping for a successful start for DU. I find it very reassuring that NQ and its founder are working hard to back their claims by social media, most of all by agreeing to meet and talk to people doing YouTube blogs on the game who are skeptical about their claims. As well as trying to be open and transparent and releasing regular updates regarding the tech side of things and striking back at those who say NQ are lying.

Of course their claims are very big and hard to believe at first. But NQ seem to be doing a good job so far and with proper testing and commitment they could really make something amazing. I mean if I am being honest if they can achieve even half of what they claim, they would have set new levels for this type of gaming genre and this can only pioneer more games to try new things and push new boundaries!

Great job NQ keep it up and don't give up ... I hope this game sets the way for many of the future games to come! don't let us down.

Why would you ask for a griefer magnet on your name?

"Oh look, a Kicstarter guy with a fancy ship, you know, we would grief the newbie over there, but our 300 ship blob will now gank THAT guy with the title, just so to piss his Kickstarter pride off".

Titles and the such, are pointless. We can ask for our organisation's Rank to be shown in the title, that way it carries more weight along with the organisation you represent.

Having "I backed the game" title only shows to people you believe you are entitled of respect in my opinion and the aforementioned titl-in-organisation showing, will outweight your Kickstarter title by far if the organisation is powerful.

I want to back the game and I only ask for something more pulpable than hollow titles and part in a lore I didn't take part in (AKA, stories emerging from blowing up buildings in the game :V ) . 

I want a functional game that can last me for years worth of playing it. And maybe a spiffy duster coat with the NQ logo on the back. Just for that bragging right in me to be satisfied.

Im glad you don't like that idea, however there are a lot of people out there that do.  I am not one that would pay for those titles, but believe that will be a reward at a certain level.

Im proud of you for letting us all know that you don't like it.  How about some on topic discussions of what you suggest, that don't give a player an unfair advantage???

Personally I don't like to wear company merchandise, and think its pointless.

Im glad you don't like that idea, however there are a lot of people out there that do.  I am not one that would pay for those titles, but believe that will be a reward at a certain level.

Im proud of you for letting us all know that you don't like it.  How about some on topic discussions of what you suggest, that don't give a player an unfair advantage???

Personally I don't like to wear company merchandise, and think its pointless.

Well, the duster won't be IRL, an in-game duster coat :P Because if I don't praise cyberpunk every other week, I lose my cybermancard. :P

Well, the only way to be a part of the Lore after the game launches is for a person to actually do something that changes the landscape, war, betraylas, heists, scams and as far as actual in-game lore goes, anything the devs written, is just a setting with names that nobody remembers.

I do understand people want to "stick out" from the masses, but if 10,000 people end up having the title, the title loses its value, inflation style.

I want people to back the kickstarter, but what I want is not having people with Buyer's Remorse (look at Star Citizen, some of those backer are borderline envangelist extremists of the game). I don't want people to bash on any criticism on a feature the Devs added because they feel like "they bought something and they have to defend their choice".

The duster coat I propose is a concept of an idea really. It could be a sticker you can put on a ship, which in retrospect, is exactly what a Kickstarter title is, only its on top of your head and shines bright so everyone knows who to shoot at first :P

So happy kick starter is begining!! I'm in for an alpha package assuming there is one. Can't wait to play and build stuff!!

I used to love space engineer but quit playing cause it wasn't a mmo.. Was no one to see my ships, it was basically single player

Ooooo I'd love a duster coat in game!!! How about one like David Tenant wore in doctor who? It was tan and cool

Technically, that's a trenchcoat. A trenchcoat is made out of fiber, a duster coat is made out of leather or skin of an animal. One is a fashion design, the other is a lifestyle choice :P