Jump to content
_Ginger_

NEW STREET CODE [The Federation Alpha]

Recommended Posts

Just now, Kael said:

Don't you worry about the Street Code, we got this covered!

 

Me and Lil Marcos slinging on the block, ain't no body screwing around on our block!

Ok???, you guys sound like two dangerous gangsters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 1:07 AM, _Ginger_ said:

The only air & spacecraft that will be flying in the city belong to the police department, the Military and political authorities

 

This sounds like the labor pains of a caste system. Emergency services and military permits are understandable because it demands fast response, people in direct service of the government however should serve the people so that would reasonably put them at the same level as the general public.

 

Then again maybe your style of government and mine are different. Just a passing thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DarkHorizon said:

This sounds like the labor pains of a caste system. Emergency services and military permits are understandable because it demands fast response, people in direct service of the government however should serve the people so that would reasonably put them at the same level as the general public.

 

Then again maybe your style of government and mine are different. Just a passing thought.

Do you see the US President or US Ministers in a taxi, bus, subway or in a regular airliner?? No, they either driving in a convoi protected by the Police or fly with the Airforce One.

Kind regards
Ginger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest here:

 

That (real examples) is because they're a lot more crucial and / or vulnerable. It's not like "political leaders" (in comparable form, position or rank) in-game need it out of survival reasons in their own areas if those are safe zones where random violence cannot occur easily or only when contested.

 

It would (in those areas, that is!) simply be for fluff - RP or 'realism' - or 'coolness'. But technically you can be that leader figure on the bus or sidewalk without a big convoy or escort.

 

My general point being that we can often point to reality or find inspirations in it, but should not always try to copy it fully.

 

That's my own view anyway. Run whatever player organizations or states / empires how you see fit with all potential benefits and flaws, many subjective, some not much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warden said:

Let's be honest here:

 

That (real examples) is because they're a lot more crucial and / or vulnerable. It's not like "political leaders" (in comparable form, position or rank) in-game need it out of survival reasons in their own areas if those are safe zones where random violence cannot occur easily or only when contested.

 

It would (in those areas, that is!) simply be for fluff - RP or 'realism' - or 'coolness'. But technically you can be that leader figure on the bus or sidewalk without a big convoy or escort.

 

My general point being that we can often point to reality or find inspirations in it, but should not always try to copy it fully.

 

That's my own view anyway. Run whatever player organizations or states / empires how you see fit with all potential benefits and flaws, many subjective, some not much.

True, but it just says they're allowed to, not that they have too, I would go around in my own City and use the subway and bus or drive my own car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, _Ginger_ said:

Do you see the US President or US Ministers in a taxi, bus, subway or in a regular airliner?? No, they either driving in a convoi protected by the Police or fly with the Airforce One. What now?

Kind regards
Ginger

Well of course not, but if I was a bad actor intent on disrupting those of high level, I'd be well on the lookout for those protective bubbles. It's hard to find one person among a mass of citizens even if they're less protected but then again you'd have to consider the plain clothed secret service that might be embedded all around. A big boulder among a rock field is easy to see but hard to crack, but have you ever found a needle in a haystack?

 

Hey that kind of rhymed. -_-

 

But I probably should have been a little more precise. I wasn't looking at the leaders at the tip top (of course they'd be more visible given their high profile), more like those in the middle-ish area. City leaders, advisors and such. It's your city, run things how you wish. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DarkHorizon said:

Well of course not, but if I was a bad actor intent on disrupting those of high level, I'd be well on the lookout for those protective bubbles. It's hard to find one person among a mass of citizens even if they're less protected but then again you'd have to consider the plain clothed secret service that might be embedded all around. A big boulder among a rock field is easy to see but hard to crack, but have you ever found a needle in a haystack?

 

Hey that kind of rhymed. -_-

 

But I probably should have been a little more precise. I wasn't looking at the leaders at the tip top (of course they'd be more visible given their high profile), more like those in the middle-ish area. City leaders, advisors and such. It's your city, run things how you wish. ;)

Yeah, true, those People will just run around or drive around like everybody else.

By the way if you want to find a needle in a haystack, use a magnet. ;)

 

Kind regards
Ginger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...