Voxel Tools: Pre-Alpha Game Design

NQ-Nyzaltar

Offset and rotation tools:

When designing using custom parts like turrets, power connectors, cockpits and engines will we have the ability to change the offset to ensure alignment with other parts, or rotate the part so that we have a consistent attachment point with other parts?

I think the offset tool might work like Landmark's offset rules for voxels, only NQ actually having planned for it. Correct me on this, but I don't think meshes  can be made to go offset (unless attached on an offset voxel's actual location on a construct). Cause it would be a bummer if you could hide your turret by clipping them through your offeset voxels.

How about having procedural elements.  For example tanks could be made to expand or increase/decrease the length.  Also wings that can change their geometry would be very useful for creating unique ship designs.  Or even having certain elements that can be increased or decreased in size would be helpful.

I really dont like how far you can excavate terrain in gameplay video, i'm aware its pre alpha and subject to change but perhaps making it apart of the skills. The higher level you are the faster you excavate. Just food for thought

How about having procedural elements.  For example tanks could be made to expand or increase/decrease the length.  Also wings that can change their geometry would be very useful for creating unique ship designs.  Or even having certain elements that can be increased or decreased in size would be helpful.

That would be one heck of a sight, if you were to recreate the Scythe from Planetside 2. 

gCGes.jpg

So Future-Space, much edgy, many pew-pew, wow.

Negative Ghostrider.  I shall now be known as (drumroll) The Voxelmancer!  :angry: 

Good for you, what you consider yourself doesn't mean anything to me. Generally people who are 'voxelmancers', and good at it don't need to announce it. Their work speaks for itself. Unless you've played Landmark, not sure you know what voxelmancy is.

This "Scythe" design looks somehow familiar  :D

dramiel_by_technomonkeyz-d3j6f25.jpg

I love this! Very unusual. 

Good for you, what you consider yourself doesn't mean anything to me. Generally people who are 'voxelmancers', and good at it don't need to announce it. Their work speaks for itself. Unless you've played Landmark, not sure you know what voxelmancy is.

I was making a joke.  I liked that it makes me sound like a SPACE WIZARD and so dubbed myself with it.  I'm not using it as a statement of what I think my talent is.  I WAS making the statement that I will continue using the term despite that it doesn't sound sci-fi.  Cool?

I was making a joke.  I liked that it makes me sound like a SPACE WIZARD and so dubbed myself with it.  I'm not using it as a statement of what I think my talent is.  I WAS making the statement that I will continue using the term despite that it doesn't sound sci-fi.  Cool?

I think someone took away your 'How to Makes Jokes' book when you weren't looking.  :P

But if the Dual build tools can do what the Landmark build tools can do, then the term will fit. If not, then it'll be a pretty mute term. It fits Landmark perfectly, even in it's sci fi setting, because Landmark is genre agnostic, unless the builder wants to build their claim into a certain genre.

I think someone took away your 'How to Makes Jokes' book when you weren't looking.  :P

But if the Dual build tools can do what the Landmark build tools can do, then the term will fit. If not, then it'll be a pretty mute term. It fits Landmark perfectly, even in it's sci fi setting, because Landmark is genre agnostic, unless the builder wants to build their claim into a certain genre.

I am the guy who plans on making ships that look like Dragons and Giant Space Kraken and probably plan on building yamamushi a flying space cathedral for his church.  I am definitely building that claim. :D

I am the guy who plans on making ships that look like Dragons and Giant Space Kraken and probably plan on building yamamushi a flying space cathedral for his church.  I am definitely building that claim. :D

Good sounds interesting  ^_^ I'm sure we'll see all sorts of fascinating builds, that's the beauty of games like this.

Good sounds interesting  ^_^ I'm sure we'll see all sorts of fascinating builds, that's the beauty of games like this.

I know.  They had me at voxel smoothing tool.  :)

I've probably said this before, but I would love to get my hands on the design tool during the alpha design phase.  The one in KSP had bugs that were ignored in favor of fixing gameplay issues, and it really bothered me about that game.  I don't want the same thing to happen here...

I've created my first voxel design...

13920011_300412650349965_729466747273219

13737652_300412753683288_216656453922714

Jett