Long term prospects for handheld support

BandaTalk

I am enamored with what I’ve seen so far from Dual Universe and am so freekin’ excited to take part in it.  The problem is that I don’t have a PC, I am a Mac user.  This is not a big problem as I do foresee Mac support coming fairly soon relative.  In the further future though, I’d love to have dual universe in my pocket anywhere I go and the Nintendo Switch seems kinda perfect for this, or at least whatever the Switch morphs into in the future.  I just want to hear y’all’s opinions on whether this should be a long term development goal or not.  It would further separate dual universe from the competition and bring into the mainstream in a big way.  Especially if the long-long term goal is virtual reality.  

1 hour ago, BandaTalk said:

Does anyone know the reasoning for this?  

Consoles are just too weak, on top of that it would require either an entirely new team to port the game to consoles, or have the current staff (30-odd-some ) split their time among the two which simply wouldn't be feasible.

Considering nentindos family orientated history, I personally doubt this would happen for the switch or any future nentindo console.

If you want mobile portability, your best bet would be a laptop specifically for gaming. I'm no expert on these laptops, but I would call into question their upgradeability.

And if even that isn't an option, geforcenow would probably be your best bet though I fear its eventual subscription-based service would mean that you'd be better off, in the long run, getting a gaming laptop.