Commercial passenger transportation services

Say I’m a new player who’s just arrived on Alioth, looking to begin a new life among the stars, but I only have a little bit of money, no ship and lack the ability to fly.  Are there any plans by any organization to start commercial passenger flights between planets, moons, asteroids, etc.  This seems to me to be a decent way to make money and spread the love to new folks looking to move on from Alioth early on.  This could also cater to players who are not interested in ship building or flying within the game for whatever reason and don’t want to spend their time in game building and maintaining a ship.  

Make the the area around the arkship a spaceport and see it become the starting point for a prosperous world.  

Ah this is a common idea that have appear in the forum for a long time. Much people in DU have intend to be Space Trucker or Space Taxi already. Also the idea about transport newbie for free are being plan by some org if i not wrong. But still too soon to say anything so let wait.

'

There are plans for transport by various organisations. However, the game is still in pre-alpha and a lot of mechanics are being tested out - both by the devs and players. I am sure that by Beta there will be systems in place to cater to the needs of players far and wide. For now, however, I defer to ShioriStein's reply: it's still too soon to promise anything right now. 

Let's wait until Alpha and Beta. 

Cheers.

'

4 hours ago, Vyz Ejstu said:

'

There are plans for transport by various organisations. However, the game is still in pre-alpha and a lot of mechanics are being tested out - both by the devs and players. I am sure that by Beta there will be systems in place to cater to the needs of players far and wide. For now, however, I defer to ShioriStein's reply: it's still too soon to promise anything right now. 

Let's wait until Alpha and Beta. 

Cheers.

'

A sub question: does anyone know of plans to allow for the logos of organizations to be printed to say the side of a ship or a building?  

I would expect orgs/players to offer transport from the Ark zone. I have seen some orgs advertising just that on the community page.

2 hours ago, BandaTalk said:

A sub question: does anyone know of plans to allow for the logos of organizations to be printed to say the side of a ship or a building?  

Yes, this has already been shown in some released screenshots and videos B)

1 hour ago, ShioriStein said:

If i'm not wrong there will be painting in DU ?!

Yes changing colors of voxels and elements is planned according to the Trello