Land tenure and ownership

I am wondering how land ownership will work within the game.  

A big part of what has had drawn me to this game is the potential for a full and rich economic system along with a political system.  Real estate is the backbone of both of these in the real world.  Land ownership and property ownership in general does not work without a government which backs the legality of owns claim to any property.  

I have ave a laundry list of things which may or may not be part of the game: 

- Land deeds

- leasing and renting

- subfeudination 

- property tax

- collective ownership

- public land

- arbitration of disputes 

- land registry 

From this point Dev hasnt say much but from Claim system and RDMs (Right & Duty Management System) it can create a some of your list:

First you need to claim the land into your hand. You will need a thing called TU ( Territory Unit) which will claim that land and put all thing inside that land under its RDMs. Then the game begin:

+Land deed: You can transfer your land as you transfer the owner of the TU.

+leasing and renting: You can create a tag from RDMs to create a warranties to give player temporary right to do anything in there in a certain of time (or until you remove it from them ) and make them pay the next money to keep the tag.

+subfueldination: i dont understand what is it.

+property tax: Well this thing i dont know much yet about it.

+collective ownership: ?What it mean, you mean organization property ? Hmm from what i view of the dev blog, you cant alone grinding or have enough power to get or protect a TU as it is expensive.

+public land: You can set tag for everyone to bypass or get inside your land.

+ arbitration of disputes:  You mean solve conflict between 2 side about who own the land ? Well in DU if any org can grow to big enough and it happen in side their range of power then yeah it will be a thing, but if not only WAR.

+land registry : Like i say you can claim a no man's land but if it is other people ? buy it. Take it by force. rent it. trick the owner.

I would be interested if you can assign permissions over a small area within a claim.

A simple example, I build a block of flats, and then rent/lease/whatever each flat to a different person.
But I only want the owner of Flat 1 to be able to edit Flat 1, not any of the other flats, or the building itself.

Opens up a lot of options for building cities with individual lots.

That seem cant not be done as you cant divide your land into small and let people have ability to build on each of small one.
But it good for you to build a building with many room for rent ( just give permission to access container and door ). But who know maybe in later stage we can do it.

On 09/07/2018 at 7:09 PM, ShioriStein said:

From this point Dev hasnt say much but from Claim system and RDMs (Right & Duty Management System) it can create a some of your list:

First you need to claim the land into your hand. You will need a thing called TU ( Territory Unit) which will claim that land and put all thing inside that land under its RDMs. Then the game begin:

+Land deed: You can transfer your land as you transfer the owner of the TU.

+leasing and renting: You can create a tag from RDMs to create a warranties to give player temporary right to do anything in there in a certain of time (or until you remove it from them ) and make them pay the next money to keep the tag.

+subfueldination: i dont understand what is it.

+property tax: Well this thing i dont know much yet about it.

+collective ownership: ?What it mean, you mean organization property ? Hmm from what i view of the dev blog, you cant alone grinding or have enough power to get or protect a TU as it is expensive.

+public land: You can set tag for everyone to bypass or get inside your land.

+ arbitration of disputes:  You mean solve conflict between 2 side about who own the land ? Well in DU if any org can grow to big enough and it happen in side their range of power then yeah it will be a thing, but if not only WAR.

+land registry : Like i say you can claim a no man's land but if it is other people ? buy it. Take it by force. rent it. trick the owner.

Thank for the great response! 

Subfeudination, meaning that the leaser of the territory unit can alienate (sell to another player) their right to use the land in that territory unit.  

By public land, I’m referring to land owned by the developers and not by any player.  Land, which could go towards some real world educational purpose, for example.  

6 hours ago, Bishop Crane said:

I would be interested if you can assign permissions over a small area within a claim.

A simple example, I build a block of flats, and then rent/lease/whatever each flat to a different person.
But I only want the owner of Flat 1 to be able to edit Flat 1, not any of the other flats, or the building itself.

Opens up a lot of options for building cities with individual lots.

This would be very cool and go a long way towards the civilization building aspects of the game.  I’m hoping for wealth disparity out the wazoo and hopefully some class conflict, revolutions, etc.  

5 hours ago, BandaTalk said:

By public land, I’m referring to land owned by the developers and not by any player.  Land, which could go towards some real world educational purpose, for example

there is one if I not wrong, a small area around the spawn ship but nothing more. As the dev say they want player to create everything.

There is a safe zone (Around spawn ship and sanctuary moon of Alioth) which PvP or destruction another property is not allow but it can claim by player.