Voxels, mining, and ships

In most space sandbox games there is always a problem when too much voxel deformation from mining, crashing ships, etc. Does anyone know how this issue will be avoided?

Mining will obviously be part of any proper survival sandbox. When a player mines an ore from a planet will that voxel stay the way it is or will the ore regenerate? (I'm only asking this because if this game gets as many players as it deserves, then ores will become very limited very quickly). Another concern with this is if ores are depleted from a planet then won't it make it a bit harder for newer players in the late game?

When a ship gets blown up or re enters atmosphere to quickly will parts of said ship blow off and be its own separate grid since it isn't attached to its original grid? If they can exist on their own would there be a cleanup to prevent small bits from flying all over the universe?

First: The ore in DU will not regenerate, it mean you will have to go outside and adventure to the new land ( it like an automate force, they want or not they still have to go if they want rich and better gear ) . Also you dont have to worry about limit ore on starter planet as it is VERY BIG but it only contain low grade ore (enough for a very very basic ship ) so after they got new ship they will get out of planet but of course there is some starter ship outside of the start System and if it be found it will become a spawn point. 
Also you dont have to worry too much about new player as mining operation is REAL . The only income source (which is the best ) is from mining, and those sweet slav... i mean new player is the best one suite for it. They mining ore and exchange for money, the Org have the ore and 2 side win- win.

Second: The ship will blow up but we still dont know how debris will be solve but one thing for sure is. No separate part in DU.  As DEV have said it is a good function but too costly for server. So there will be ship wreck but i think it will de spawn after a time.

Resources don't respawn, which means NQ will have to make a calculated guess at how many players will be active in DU in the first year or so. In case they get it wrong, there's a plan B though: stargates !

Once stargate tech arrives in the game, we will be able to colonise new systems and exploit the minerals there. However, the planets in DU are quite large, and there will be many planets at launch in the "starting system".

If DU turns out to be much more popular than NQ estimates, they will have to implement the first game expansion (stargate tech) sooner than currently planned, which is somewhere around 6-12 months after launch AFAIK.

this

Dont worry if it is gamepedia, I sure it true as I see it on the main page but now i'm using phone so I can only give you that.

We got view of 9 planet ( include start planet is Alioth ) so we may be got more than 9 planet await to be discover.

There will also be asteroids to mine..... lots of yummy asteroids.

NQ also calculated how long it would deplete Alioth ores. It's going to take an absurdly long time to completely mine Alioth (the starter planet). NQ did the math, and if you had 1000 people mining at 50m3 per second, 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, it would take them 19 years to dig up just 1% of the planet. 

So there is little chance of running out of Alioth ores any time soon ;)

1 hour ago, CoreVamore said:

NQ did the math, and if you had 1000 people mining at 50m3 per second, 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, it would take them 19 years to dig up just 1% of the planet. 

That looks pretty impressive at first glance, but if DU attracts 100K players, it changes the picture somewhat... ;)

52 minutes ago, NanoDot said:

That looks pretty impressive at first glance, but if DU attracts 100K players, it changes the picture somewhat... ;)

Not really, thats an increase of 100 times, and assuming they are all miners (doubtful) then it will still take 19 years to totally mine out Alioth. So its still a very significant amount of resources on Alioth.  ;)

Aw it just the caculation to erase a planet. What worry is about how hard for new player to get some basic ore.

But mining operation is real anyway.

7 hours ago, CoreVamore said:

Not really, thats an increase of 100 times, and assuming they are all miners (doubtful) then it will still take 19 years to totally mine out Alioth. So its still a very significant amount of resources on Alioth.  ;)

Don't forget that the planets are not solid balls of resources. The ores are scattered in small pockets, so it's quite likely that only 5% to 10% of the planet's voxels will be mineable ores. You only need to dig a narrow shaft down to the ore, there's no need to dig a giant crater.

And mining is the only way to increase the money supply in DU, so I expect that the amount of players involved in mining will be very high, specially in the first 6 months.

• 2 weeks later...