Australian servers in beta

RiderOfRoo

Hi everyone, 

I am very exited about this game and i would love to purchase a pack and try the current version out.  However i live in brisbane Australia and i cant find any information on if there currently is any server close enough to me to actually give me a playable taste of the game. 

288 Aud is alot of money to spend if you still have to wait a year for a playable demonstration if you thought you could trt it in beta. 

Also is the current playable beta only open 1 day a week or how do this currently work. 

14 hours ago, RiderOfRoo said:

Hi everyone, 

I am very exited about this game and i would love to purchase a pack and try the current version out.  However i live in brisbane Australia and i cant find any information on if there currently is any server close enough to me to actually give me a playable taste of the game. 

288 Aud is alot of money to spend if you still have to wait a year for a playable demonstration if you thought you could trt it in beta. 

Also is the current playable beta only open 1 day a week or how do this currently work. 

You just log onto the one international server.

Yes, we assies will have greater ping times, just like we have greater chance of spider bite death, but, thats life ;)

I dont know what you mean by demonstration. The game is currently in pre-alpha, meaning the game is in very early development. (Lots of videos on youtube and more to come when the NDA drops). I opted for the Alpha 1/2/Beta deal, which I expect to be able to use by years end - at a guess)

When 'playing' any of the alpha's you really are a tester and need to have that mindset as its not going to be a fully fledged, nor bug free, game at those points.

The beta will be more along the 'play a game' mindset. So if thats you then simply pony up for beta access for when it does get released, once again, my guess is at the earliest late 2019.

Remember that right now this is a game in development, not something you can 'just play'. Knowing this will enable you to make the call of what option you will want to take. (For example I couldnt cost-justify going pre-alpha, which is why I didnt, I just went for the next level down ;) )

Either way I am sure we will meet at some point, in game, in the future  ;)

22 hours ago, RiderOfRoo said:

However i live in brisbane Australia and i cant find any information on if there currently is any server close enough to me to actually give me a playable taste of the game.

There will never be an "Australian server", or any regional servers anywhere else in the world.

Except for China, which is an exception to any rule... ;)

DU is a single-shard game, just like EVE-Online, which means there will only be one "game world" running for all players, regardless of where on the globe they may be.

4 hours ago, NanoDot said:

There will never be an "Australian server", or any regional servers anywhere else in the world.

Except for China, which is an exception to any rule... ;)

DU is a single-shard game, just like EVE-Online, which means there will only be one "game world" running for all players, regardless of where on the globe they may be.

While there may not ever be servers physically located in one country or another, it is false to assume that a server cluster can't use multiple physical locations to establish the single shard virtual space. 

1 hour ago, Tordan said:

While there may not ever be servers physically located in one country or another, it is false to assume that a server cluster can't use multiple physical locations to establish the single shard virtual space. 

I made no such assumption.

How the game world is spread across cloud-based servers or server clusters is irrelevant to the player. Your ping won't change depending on where you are in the game world.

2 hours ago, Tordan said:

, it is false to assume that a server cluster can't use multiple physical locations to establish the single shard virtual space. 

It would  be sensible to assume tbe cluster is in the same physical space because of the performance requirements IMO

On 6/27/2018 at 7:37 PM, CoreVamore said:

Yes, we assies will have greater ping times, just like we have greater chance of spider bite death, but, thats life ;)

This is probably the best answer I've heard to date regarding what I like to call the "Austrailian Ping Problem".  :lol: