Upgraded graphics card GTX 1070ti 8 GB

AcedBit

I upgraded my PC and now have the following:

16GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070ti with 8GB VRAM

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3350P CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

I know that my processor is the thing I should replace next.
My question is if what I have now will be a significant improvement despite of the processor.
I know that with a better processor things would look even better, but what is your take on this hardware setup?
The other demanding games I have tested on my system now run much better by far.
On Ultra High settings and some High Settings I can run games now with high fps compared to earlier.

Was able to run DU with my 1.5 GB vram graphics card, so I would expect huge improvements now, even though it is not a finished game yet, so yes I know things might not be 100% perfect just yet.

Also the DU Launcher now opens as it should after replacing the graphics card.

Biggest jump in performance you'll see when you upgrade the CPU (and system board and memory) is that the bus speed for the GFX card will go from 5 to 8GT/s

That said, going for an i7 3770 will probably already show a good boost and may generally be more than enough against what you'd need.

Unless you run a multi monitor setup with more than two 1080p monitors it's not going to really make a difference though and frankly the 1070ti  is really not meant to be used with at most 3 1080p screens.

41 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Then getting a new CPU will probably make very little difference TBH.. Maybe pick up an i7 3770 when you can get one cheap sometime but that's about it.

But the GTX 1070ti should make DU run good if on one monitor?

Just now, yamisniper said:

as good as it can atm yes but isnt this supposed to be in the pre alpha section

Yes as pre alpha performance won't be perfectly tuned yet ?

Was unsure where to post this though ?

20 minutes ago, yamisniper said:

as good as it can atm yes but isnt this supposed to be in the pre alpha section

It's a fairly basic average gaming setup. One would expect to be able to run DU on a single monitor setup (except for 4K) like this TBH.