zILqLj6.jpg

With the recent E3 trailer, it might be a good time to discuss the topic here. And since it might just be a year away or closer.

Long story short, who's waiting for it? Or hasn't heard of it at all so far?

Who has reservations?

Who likes the general style and might want to copy things in DU?

What do you want to accomplish or play in the game?

I'm personally looking to get involved in the cop or corporate world and see where the journey takes me.

And you?

• 2 weeks later...

I am entirely stoked for it tbh. Both as a lover of what they can do, but also as a transhumanist who personally wants to do what the people in the game a are doing and replace parts with robotics and cybernetics

On 2.7.2018 at 11:09 AM, Primarch said:

I am entirely stoked for it tbh. Both as a lover of what they can do, but also as a transhumanist who personally wants to do what the people in the game a are doing and replace parts with robotics and cybernetics

I'm inclined to agree, but I think it might take a few more decades for this to become "the norm" or relatively affordable unless you're in special positions to just either be able to pay and / or get it early or under specific conditions.

I hope you will have the life time and then the funds to invest once it's ready, assuming it would be a thing in our lifetime.

-----------

I really look forward to the game, even if it might be somewhat different than initially imagined, when all we had was the trailer and snippets of information. I also hope modding will see strong support and interest by the playerbase and community. A healthy modding community can propel this game even further. Imagine all the tweaks or even grand additions like DLCs, by modders.

A zombie apocalypse mod would be something that could also work with how the world is set up, with some kind of "persistence".

• 2 weeks later...

Prediction

So recent news indicate the game is actually further away than some might've expected. I remember a news article or rumor from March this year - thus, before all the E6 reveals and information offensive - indicating it could be done within a year, say, about June 2019.

Given recent quotes and statements, this would seem too optimistic if the demo snippet shown behind closed doors is but a fraction of the game, even if a solid and working one. Recent rumors or snippets I've seen also indicate that the upcoming Gamescom in Cologne in a month might not show notably new things for the public and could still be for certain eyes behind closed doors only. We might generally get to see new content and promotional material, but any actual (playable) content or demos might not be for the public.

One can only wonder when it might be released in the end. I think one year from now on is too optimistic or in other words unlikely. Would it take 3 or more? Maybe, but maybe unlikely.

So far, I aim for about 2 years, give or take. Might be 2020. Might actually be a good date given that the prior title or influence is from "Cyberpunk 2020". I'm no coding expert and whatnot but I'd also assume you can do a lot in 2 years, assuming the team is relatively complete and that you have a solid road map and no major obstacles along the way.

Meaning we'd see very substantial or at least notable information with next year's E6 and Gamescom, and then maybe an eventual release date in 2020 or 2021 at the latest.

I'm very eager to play and can't wait, but at the same time it's no use getting nuts about it. Time is just flying by and is relative. To give put things into relative perspective: Think back about 3 games you eagerly waited for, maybe years in advance since their announcements. That day eventually came and you play(ed) those games. Maybe already forgot about them. That day X always eventually comes. Once it happens you'll look back and wonder how the time went by since the new announcements in 2018.

And then you'll happily play it, I suppose.

I for one really hope for good modding support or capabilities. It's that level of modding support that brings me back to games like Skyrim, Fallout 4 (or NV) all the time, with each having seen multiple playthroughs or still on-going ones. I never saw the same in other games that were not sandbox-like and very moddable.

And I still hope to get to see a possible Judge Dredd-like experience or "career option" in CP2077.