Is the monthly payment going to be 30$?!?!?!?

boots_1588

I heard somewhere that there will be a 30$ monthly fee for this game after the trial period. That is crazy tho, 30 dollars, nobody can afford that, I like the game but that's not worth it. Just make the base game like 50 dollars. I mean even if the monthly payment is 5 dollars and we can assume all the pre alpha testers are gonna play after the release the company is still getting 1.8 million dollars per year. But really I'm sure everyone would just prefer a single payment. Plus let's say there will be like one million people playing for example and they all pay 5$ per month, that's 5 million per month that's 60 million per yaer. 

Hi Boots_1588 and welcome to official Dual Universe forum.

It has never been communicated that monthly subscription will be at 30$. 

We would be interested to know where you've heard such information.

The official plan is to have a monthly subscription fee roughly equivalent to classic MMO monthly subscription (like EVE Online and World of Warcraft).

The DAC (playtime token for a month, tradable in-game) will be slightly more expensive, but again, it is planned to be aligned with what already exist in the gaming industry in this regard.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

3 hours ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

Hi Boots_1588 and welcome to official Dual Universe forum.

It has never been communicated that monthly subscription will be at 30$. 

We would be interested to know where you've heard such information.

The official plan is to have a monthly subscription fee roughly equivalent to classic MMO monthly subscription (like EVE Online and World of Warcraft).

The DAC (playtime token for a month, tradable in-game) will be slightly more expensive, but again, it is planned to be aligned with what already exist in the gaming industry in this regard.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thanks for the clarification, I heard it from a YouTube video now that I look back it was pretty outdated...

I mean if someone on the internet says writes it and seems pretty serious about it, it must be true.

May contain sarcasm or similar.

Let's be serious: 30 dollars would be unusual for the average sub model and likely rather scare people off. And as it was so far proven to not be true (denied by staff), I guess the old saying goes "Don't believe everything people tell others / you."

3 hours ago, blazemonger said:

If NQ follow CCP in cost a monthly sub would be €15 with DAC at €20.

Considering NQ will have to aim very well to create more than one type of momentum after release, settling for the same ranges strikes me as somewhat less than optimal. I'm sure NQ does its research on targeted demographics, but one thing on the evolution of EVE always stuck in my mind. EVE took off with younger rather than older customers. In fact, as the original playerbase segments grew up, so did the cost of CCP's sales & marketing investments go up to compensate for the factors of acquisition/retention of older players. With less time, but more money. Another big factor is how economies of scale is applied to accounts and account subscriptions. Over the years CCP was always smart with pushing those envelopes cheaply but effectively.

Then again, I haven't paid for any account in EVE ever, which means I never developed the inclination to figure out optimal costing. I do like the idea that NQ want to aim for a slightly higher price level for the DAC than subscription. It's something which as a mechanism can have enormous effect on a sandbox, that kind of thing. 

We'll find out at some point. Things are picking up, but it is early yet. 

NQ states a few posts up they intend to  follow rates as usual.  Expecting them to 'undercut' is at best unrealistic if only because their cost will likely be higher ..

A monthly €15 sub fee is perfectly reasonable IMO

True but if you want a universe with alot of people, 15 euros is not gone be that, although i agree that the 15 euros would be a good reflection on what you get. I guess there will be something like 15 per month,  75 per 6 months, 120 per year. something in that range. DAC, 18-20 Euros

22 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

True but if you want a universe with alot of people, 15 euros is not gone be that, although i agree that the 15 euros would be a good reflection on what you get. I guess there will be something like 15 per month,  75 per 6 months, 120 per year. something in that range. DAC, 18-20 Euros

You get it.

If you pay 1 month it will probably cost 10~15 per month.

6 month payment abo, will reduce the cost by 10~20%.

12 month payment abo, will reduce the cost by 20~40%.

DAC will be 20~40% costlyer then the monthly sub, when you go for the yearly abo.

That's what most companys go for on a pay to play basis.

--

PS: 15 Euro pay to play is just fine. YOu can get alot of people that way + more likely to get people that don't troll all day. Alot of the problems with "zero" cost free to play always is the swamping of bots, doublicate accounts and alot of other things that make the server seem bloated with people ... while people are just getting angry at the people that don't feel any attachment to their accounts. Ban? Well i can just get a new one, this one is just 1 hour old and my main acc is safe and sound.

What would you rather play?

An free to play game, where you need to spent 300 bucks a year to be competive with other payers. But not even with whales.

Or an game where you need to pay 120 bucks a year, where the ingame shop only sells you emotes and cosmetic skins and stuff like that.

People with money reall like to spent that on games (even people without it spend it ... hard).

The whole free to play gameing community is a cancer to development of new games, that actually need to inovate and be fun.

There's rarely any game that can support itself just from cosmetics in a shop. And even these, often have communitys that are really immature ingame (toxic, trolls, griefers etc).

@boots_1588 We are both Canadian. $30/month is not expensive to a Canadian with a job. Gaming is a hobby and a hobby has an associated costs. You spend money on things like gym-membership and you couldn't pay a single cent to an MMO? I do not understand some people, seriously. 

Buy-to-Play alone and without a Cash Shop does not work on an MMORPG, let alone Buy-to-Play with only Cosmetic Cash Shop. $50 for base-game and you expect them to maintain the server for years with frequent additional content and fix updates?

I support the Pay-to-Play system of this game. If there are monthly-costs, so be it, we want a good game with no pay-to-win, pay-to-progress, pay-to-convenience, whatever the hell they call them.  

My problem with free-to-play games are the free-to-play-players contributing nothing to the game. The players who are paying, they are the only ones who are paying and keeping the server up (and they are paying way more than a pay-to-play game).

Face the reality that there is no such thing as free (not even free-to-play-games are free)! What you are proposing here as a buy-to-play is to buy a car at a one-time fixed-price and then complain that there is a gas and maintenance costs associated with it.

On 6/14/2018 at 4:23 PM, Warden said:

I mean if someone on the internet says writes it and seems pretty serious about it, it must be true.

May contain sarcasm or similar.

Let's be serious: 30 dollars would be unusual for the average sub model and likely rather scare people off. And as it was so far proven to not be true (denied by staff), I guess the old saying goes "Don't believe everything people tell others / you."

Yup, but that really wasn't the main point 

19 hours ago, Eternal said:

@boots_1588 We are both Canadian. $30/month is not expensive to a Canadian with a job. Gaming is a hobby and a hobby has an associated costs. You spend money on things like gym-membership and you couldn't pay a single cent to an MMO? I do not understand some people, seriously. 

Buy-to-Play alone and without a Cash Shop does not work on an MMORPG, let alone Buy-to-Play with only Cosmetic Cash Shop. $50 for base-game and you expect them to maintain the server for years with frequent additional content and fix updates?

I support the Pay-to-Play system of this game. If there are monthly-costs, so be it, we want a good game with no pay-to-win, pay-to-progress, pay-to-convenience, whatever the hell they call them.  

My problem with free-to-play games are the free-to-play-players contributing nothing to the game. The players who are paying, they are the only ones who are paying and keeping the server up (and they are paying way more than a pay-to-play game).

Face the reality that there is no such thing as free (not even free-to-play-games are free)! What you are proposing here as a buy-to-play is to buy a car at a one-time fixed-price and then complain that there is a gas and maintenance costs associated with it.

Don't worry about it its not that serious