Just curious,

• From release, there is going to be an incredibly competitive market, which will inevitably create a huge demand for service providers.

What types of job titles are people thinking of claiming in-game?

What kinds of services are people thinking of providing? What would you call it for marketing purposes?

Have you pre-established any rates of compensation for your work? Are they in relation to any other game/job outside Dual Universe?

Do you have any marketing techniques planned to grow your business?

• Dual Universe seems to provide some cool opportunities for people with skills and education gained in real life.

Do your chosen in-game professions relate to any skills/job titles you have outside the game? (3d modeling, logistics, architects, programmers, etc..)

Do your skills outside DU give you a step up in-game? Do you think your expertise will play a part in your in-game status?

Do you plan on profitting from your talents, or working on your own masterpiece?

If you were going to make a list of in-game professional titles, based off of all available information, what would it contain?

Job titles will vary and likely be practical.

Services will be somewhat wide, but not too much. We want to do a few things, but not everything. Can't focus on everything with a smaller team anyway.

Compensation is considered; for our main project, it is possible. For our police side project, we strongly aim for in-game compensation on a regular basis ("salary")  if viable and possible. Might depend on whether we are integrated into city funding and taxes or not. Those working in the main project and beyond will be compensated with real money depending on their position or merit.

Marketing is always considered. From feedback obtained over years, it appears we have a unique approach to marketing or at least the possibility to reach many people if we truly must and pour our efforts into it.

As for skills

I humbly believe the particular skills (and approaches) I obtained over the years will provide an advantage. Not because I like to dream about it but because it has gotten us and me into good positions in the past. So far it seemed to work and I doubt it will change completely. As for the last question, not counting ranks:

Both.

I was wondering if you, perhaps between the lines, we're looking for inspiration in finding or selecting certain job titles for your own current or future endeavors. Could that be the case?

It would, at the very least, be a side effect for readers as soon as people share their "titles".

2 minutes ago, Warden said:

Job titles will vary and likely be practical.

Services will be somewhat wide, but not too much. We want to do a few things, but not everything. Can't focus on everything with a smaller team anyway.

Compensation is considered; for our main project, it is possible. For our police side project, we strongly aim for in-game compensation on a regular basis ("salary")  if viable and possible. Might depend on whether we are integrated into city funding and taxes or not. Those working in the main project and beyond will be compensated with real money depending on their position or merit.

Marketing is always considered. From feedback obtained over years, it appears we have a unique approach to marketing or at least the possibility to reach many people if we truly must and pour our efforts into it.

As for skills

I humbly believe the particular skills (and approaches) I obtained over the years will provide an advantage. Not because I like to dream about it but because it has gotten us and me into good positions in the past. So far it seemed to work and I doubt it will change completely. As for the last question, not counting ranks:

Both.

I was wondering if you, perhaps between the lines, we're looking for inspiration in finding or selecting certain job titles for your own current or future endeavors. Could that be the case?

It would, at the very least, be a side effect for readers as soon as people share their "titles".

I agree, that should end up being the case. People will end up sticking to what they know best and using the services of other skilled players to progress in the meantime.

For a diverse society & economy with heirarchy systems that make sense (and a way more fun/submerged experience) a hundred with a few talents each is a lot more promising than a few with a hundred talents. That's what I'm excited about, the singular importance of each and every player (or groups of individuals contributing) in one universe. 

To be honest, I have been working on something for a while, just playing around with the concept for now.

Don't want to release it to the public until I've determined whether or not it's worth releasing & it's in final stages.

Until I'm there, I just want to get an idea of what people are excited about doing to move forward financially & drive the in-game economy.

My view or suggestion in regards to releasing something early or refined:

It can make or break a group or define a brand when it is revealed at the right time or rather refined.

It can have a notable impact on the rest of the community, whether org seekers or others already in groups. I remember when we posted a refined thread, the initial feedback was good, and there wasn't much going on back then.

Conversely, posting too early or rather unfinished content might in most cases not grant you any flowers. Of course it depends and you might still attract people, but first impressions count.

Maybe I am a bit spoiled, but I see some organization promotion threads with just a few meagre lines and not much info and I immediately find it less than lucrative.

You don't have to be a graphic artist or movie maker to create a decent thread with the for tools already at your disposal.

In short,  the most recent care and maybe structure (and refined content) you add, the more it pays off on an abstract and likely real level.

It's a bit like with games. We want them done and refined for a "full release"

- Officer (To fight the baddies)

- Ship builder/designer (If someone       doesn't want to build or needs help)

- Miner (Gathers materials)

- Hunter/ Farmer (If they decide to add hunger)

- Boss (Company, city, space station exc)

- Builder (Basically a construction worker)

- Architect (This can be a cool one)

Those are all my ideas for now...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 12:15 AM, Papa said:

Just curious,

• From release, there is going to be an incredibly competitive market, which will inevitably create a huge demand for service providers.

What types of job titles are people thinking of claiming in-game?

What kinds of services are people thinking of providing? What would you call it for marketing purposes?

Have you pre-established any rates of compensation for your work? Are they in relation to any other game/job outside Dual Universe?

Do you have any marketing techniques planned to grow your business?

• Dual Universe seems to provide some cool opportunities for people with skills and education gained in real life.

Do your chosen in-game professions relate to any skills/job titles you have outside the game? (3d modeling, logistics, architects, programmers, etc..)

Do your skills outside DU give you a step up in-game? Do you think your expertise will play a part in your in-game status?

Do you plan on profitting from your talents, or working on your own masterpiece?

If you were going to make a list of in-game professional titles, based off of all available information, what would it contain?

Neat idea for a thread!

While I won't go into listing a massive amount of job titles, I do think this economy will create something more real than we've ever seen before. With that being said, job titles of all kinds will come to surface. Everything from civilian, professional and military based roles and perhaps even religious? 

I come from a heavy role-play organization and we see this game as the first in our history of playing games that has been made to cater to all types of players, including role-players. The  reason I bring up role-play is because that's essentially what we're all doing when we assume this artificial role in-game, and those titles will vary with what role we take on. 

In regards to wages, I think it's much too early to determine that. That will completely depend on the actual supply of quanta, along with how easy it is for a player to profit, either alone or in an organization. But wages in my opinion will be a thing most organizations take up. Depending on the job of course, and more importantly, it will depend on the tools NQ gives us as organizations to pool and collect money from our markets, trade routes, and citizens. The latest market video was great, it's basic with a hint of genius and it will provide an excellent way for organizations to collect money. 

What I'd like to see is a sort of organization bank (maybe something people have to build similar to a market that can be robbed by invading factions) where money is pooled outside the direct wallet of the leaders. It could function with an automatic payment system of some sort that could be set up via a UI and payments can be made singular or periodic. I suggest this system because I've gotten the impression that quanta will not be a item that is dropped, but merely a number in your inventory. This could help organizations efficiently manage payments to players, and proper separation of organization funds from personal funds. 

Finally, on your last point I think it's great that dual has incorporated the LUA script feature. It adds a rarity to the ability to create cool constructs and will generate a niche market for advanced ships. 

Sorry if I was a bit off topic, just wanted to throw my two cents in!

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.06.2018 at 8:07 PM, boots_1588 said:

- Officer (To fight the baddies)

- Ship builder/designer (If someone       doesn't want to build or needs help)

- Miner (Gathers materials)

- Hunter/ Farmer (If they decide to add hunger)

- Boss (Company, city, space station exc)

- Builder (Basically a construction worker)

- Architect (This can be a cool one)

Those are all my ideas for now...

I would also like to add some "air mechanic", "resource storage keeper" and some "guns craftsman"