Game releases at end of 2018? Also grind?

EselaMindles

This has to be some kind of error on their part or no?

It says for the iron bundle it includes the game at launch and its expected to be delivered around December 2018.

Also i'm still new here and i'm haven't learned much past the trailer but I have one concern that maybe someone could help end.

The Grind

I'm a bit worried that its going to take 2 years to build a larger ship (exaggerated to show a point.) Most MMO games that I've played have it to some insane amount of materials required to build something, so it takes a long time to gather, and then a few games make it so its like a minute to place down a single wall.

Hopefully its something like Space engineers and Stationeers where its just place down the frame and then build it. I'm just worried that besides having all of the materials and designing the ship theres going to be some barrier there to arbitrary make it longer. 

how is building planned anyways?

I anticipate mining to take a long time and to be what slows down things. Both the digging itself and the transportation of materials. Then possibly transporting them to another place after you crafted them. In all the videos right now the building is instant, it could change obviously but I don't expect it to have too much artificial timers. Building something from the gathering of materials to the finish product will probably take a lot of time. But they expect most people to split the work. exploring/prospecting, managing a mining operation, transporting and possibly fighting off pirates, and designing and building finished products. All are different jobs enjoyable to different people. If you just want to build you can buy whatever you need and enjoy building. You will need to find people to sell your products to and possibly get you started, as you might not be able to afford the parts. That's where corporations come in handy.

There is one video about building in pre alpha:

As for expected delivery, It was an old kickstarter estimation. I wouldn't pay much attention to it. It sounds like a possible date for alpha 1. Definitely not for release.

That video is almost 2 years old, so some information is outdated, such as the expected launch date.

A solo player won't be able to build large ships easily, large ships will likely be built by organizations or at least a small team.